What's new

September 24th (1 Viewer)

John Randolph

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know what the Best buy/Circuit City deals will be with the two disc sets of:

Singin' in the Rain
True Romance
Amadeus
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Thanks,
John

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Unfortunately, the owners of the HTF don't like people to post early prices. However, if you check the DVD Bargains area over at DVD Talk, you may find the answers for which you're looking.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Couldn't you just check their web pages? The prices in store should be fairly close to the web pages.

Jodee

Screenwriter
Usually the web-pages will only list the retailers "regular price" now-- any first week sale price probably won't show up on the site until at least a few days before release.
I'm hoping the B&Ms have some deals on these too..
I've only seen sale prices posted through 9/17 so hopefully they will show up online in the next week or so. :)

Jodee

Screenwriter
Looks like these titles WON'T be sale priced at Circuit City. Not sure about Best Buy yet, although they usually discount similar titles.
So far the best price online for these is $18.89 at DVD Empire (plus they offer free shipping on 4 discs.) They usually ship them priority and I get my new releases from them on time (usually a day sooner.) :)
If you want these cheap, I'd consider pre-ordering them at DVD Empire.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
I am also a bit perplexed as to the lack of aggressive pricing on so many high profile titles (even though 4 are releases). It could be that these classics don't appeal to 'joe six pack' by the majority of B&M's reckoning. I hope this is not the case or next week will be an expensive one:

- Amadeus
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
- Unforgiven
- Singin' in the Rain
- Grease
- Trading Places

That's way too many good titles for one week. If this turns out to be a week without aggressive pricing packages I will need to delay some of the above titles to see if etailers can come through. Unfortunately, since DVD Empire is also in my home state it gets priced out of many situations for me due to local taxes (even with free shipping). My current experiment with DeepdiscountDVD.com is not panning out since they have yet to either acknowledge my order or ship anything (6 titles) after 3 days. I've heard of their computer 'upgrade' woes...

Joel

Jodee

Screenwriter
Best Buy will have these Warner 2-disc special editions on sale, as well as a deal if you buy 2.

See DVD Talk Bargains Forum for details.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks