What's new

Send DirecTV your picture quality feedback (1 Viewer)

Andy L

Stunt Coordinator
The new DirecTV spot beam satellite launches this afternoon. This satellite will allow local channels to be much more pinpointed in terms of geographic location. Since many if not most of the local channels are going to be moved to the spot beam satellite in addition to the new must carry channels, large amounts of bandwidth is going to be freed up on the main satellite at 101.
I would encourage every DirecTV customer to send them an e-mail requesting that they use the freed up bandwidth to reduce compression, thus improving picture quality, instead of adding additional channels. The only way that they will know that PQ is important to the customer is to tell them.
Thanks!

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Picture quality will increase but it won't happen until the early part of next year. The new satellite won't be ready for use til the very end of december at the earliest. I feel sorry for the Dish network folks since they don't have any of their spotbeam sats up yet. Their PQ will be horrible starting the first of the year.

Jeff

Bob Monio

Grip
There have been several messages about this new DirecTV satellite coming on-line. Will we need to do anything to access it or will it be automatic?

I'd be interested in learning more about this new satellite that is going up - where is it documented?

Thanks!

-Bob

Andy L

Stunt Coordinator
Access to the new satellite will be automatic as it is in the same location (101*) as the existing satellite which carries most of their national channels.
Check out http://www.dbsforums.com for some good info.

Bob Monio

Grip
Thanks. I've checked it out and it's interesting to see what's happening with the new Satellite. Hopefully it will clean up some of the degradation we see due to compression on some channels.

-Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks