What's new

Selling on Amazon's Marketplace (need help) (1 Viewer)

Randall Dorr

Second Unit
I've recently sold a few things through Amazon's Marketplace.

The funds from the sold items are supposed to be transferred directly into my checking account.

How do I give Amazon the information about my checking account?

Must I send or fax an actual (voided) check along with some other information in order to have the funds transferred?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
1. Click on the Your Account button at the top of any Amazon page

2. Click on Your seller account in the Auctions, zShops, and Marketplace section on the right side of the page

3. Go down to Your Transactions and click on Manage your Amazon Payments account/View billing history

4. Click on Edit your Amazon Payments account settings.

Randall Dorr

Second Unit
I've been to that page.

It asks for a check number (the indivudual check number that is in the upper right hand corner) and the account number.

I can give the account number, but what would be the point of giving the number for an indivudual check? Do I need to send (or fax) them an actual check?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
You don't need to send them anything. I don't know why they want the number for an individual check, just fill out everything that they ask you to. Submit to them. :) I've used them for more than two years, and nothing bad has happened.

Randall Dorr

Second Unit
I've got it now. Thanks. :)

One more question, though: It says it can take 14 days for the first funds to be transferred to your account. Does it always take that long?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I think it depends on your bank. I believe it may have only taken a day or two for me, but I know I didn't have to wait more than 10 days.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
You sure they are asking for you "check number" perhaps they mean the numbers from a check... For a bank transfer to occur, they need to know the routing number and your account number. Basically the routing number identifies the bank you have a checking account with and the account number is the internal account number of your specific account within the bank.

I have never seen Amazon's marketplace though, but it would be odd if they wanted to know the check number... and not the account number... The routing number should be in the lower left corner and the account number is right next to it. I don't think they can do a bank transfer with just the routing number so they would have to know the routing and your account number.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks