seeking some advice.. =)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Van.L, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Van.L

Van.L Auditioning

Hi, im just stuck on a little dilemma, I own a JBL 18” 1800 Gti 1000watt subwoofer and would like to buy a plate amp module to power it under HT conditions (movies/music) I also own a sony VPH-1271QM CRT projector... now my dilemma.. should i buy a 500watt [email protected] plate amp to power the sub and not buy a line doubler for my CRT projector.. or should i compromise with a 350watt @ 4ohm plate amp module to power the sub AND GET a line doubler... the thing is i dont have much money so it would be either one of the two choices only unless justified =)). So should i compromise and get the 350 watt module with the line doubler?? Or forget the line doubler and get the 500watt plate module?? Any reason on your decision would be great =)) if you need any details for anything then ask away =)

Thanks in advance.

Van.

2. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Bang for Buck I would go with a line Doubler. But think to yourself, does the picture annoy you or is it the sound?
    While watching a movie do you wish for more Bass when an expolsion goes off or do you fidget trying to get a good picture?
    Good Luck either way!