What's new

seeking some advice.. =) (1 Viewer)

Van.L

Auditioning
Hi, im just stuck on a little dilemma, I own a JBL 18” 1800 Gti 1000watt subwoofer and would like to buy a plate amp module to power it under HT conditions (movies/music) I also own a sony VPH-1271QM CRT projector... now my dilemma.. should i buy a 500watt RMS@4ohm plate amp to power the sub and not buy a line doubler for my CRT projector.. or should i compromise with a 350watt @ 4ohm plate amp module to power the sub AND GET a line doubler... the thing is i dont have much money so it would be either one of the two choices only unless justified =)). So should i compromise and get the 350 watt module with the line doubler?? Or forget the line doubler and get the 500watt plate module?? Any reason on your decision would be great =)) if you need any details for anything then ask away =)

Thanks in advance.

Van.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Bang for Buck I would go with a line Doubler. But think to yourself, does the picture annoy you or is it the sound?
While watching a movie do you wish for more Bass when an expolsion goes off or do you fidget trying to get a good picture?
Good Luck either way!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks