What's new

See how smart you *really* are... (1 Viewer)

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
Tough test. I got a 127 which actually matches up with an IQ test I had as a child. Not too bad, but I guess I won't be getting that Mensa application anytime soon ;)
Kenneth

brentl

Senior HTF Member
First I'll start by saying I just worked all night and I'm watching Ananda on TV.

about 10 points lower than I;ve been tested .

Brent L

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I got 120, which is fantastic considering I lost interest half way thru and started clicking symbols at random, I still had 20mins on the clock when I finished.:)
I had a better IQ test back in the 80's using a Mensa approved IQ program on my old Spectrum computer, and I reached 137, which I was quite proud of than, but now it seems I'm regressing back to a primitive state of being (being stupid), I've already noticed I crouch when I walk dragging my knuckles along the ground and I grunt at people in the streets.
ps.I tried testing my cat on this IQ test and he quickly fell asleep on my lap.
SIGNATURE PHOTO OF PRIMITIVE MAN REMOVED.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I think the 2nd test is valid for what it does - testing logical intelligence. I got a 148 the first time, and +160 second time around with a friend. (We busted it! :D David how did you get an exact value of 167???)
There are some tough ones in between, but then again some of them are just too lame! :)

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I found #33, #36 and #39 to be the hardest.
Check 'em out, the answers are in spoiler mode.
http://www.student.dtu.dk/~s001525/iqtest33.jpg
C1 and B3 forms A2. A3 and C2 forms B1. B2 and A1 needs to form C3, so the answer is "E".

http://www.student.dtu.dk/~s001525/iqtest36.jpg
The dots represent positive and negative numbers. The position of the dots does not mean anything. Add the dots horizontally or vertically, and you got the answer "A".

http://www.student.dtu.dk/~s001525/iqtest39.jpg
Red, magenta and yellow are always in a row. Green, cyan and blue are always in a row. Black, white and grey are always in a row. Besides, they're never in the same row horizontally or vertically (except for the middle which is tilted), so the answer is "B".
EDIT: How the hell are you guys getting scores above 160? The test maximum is 160... :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Which standard of deviation are y'all using to report your scores? There's 3 of them (15, 16 and 24).

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Using a standard deviation of 15 I get 130

Stand dev=16 I get 132

Stand dev=24 I get 148

I've never taken an IQ test before (and if I did, I don't know the score) so I don't know how this compares.

I found most of the test laughably easy. I didn't make any guesses and I still had about 30 minutes left at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks