What's new

"Secrets" reviews the Outlaw LFM-1 (1 Viewer)

Paul_Ptaaty

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Tony. Using more than one sub is a good way to help reduce the room effects. Subs can be placed so that one subs nulls and peaks are offset from the other.

In addition, placing subs in the middle of the wall is another tip.

Fellow Secrets reviewer (actually Senior Editor as well) Kris Deering has three non-colocated SVS subs placed mid walls and has better than +/- 3dB from 20-80 Hz (no EQ). I helped him set up a BFD EQ to get it within +/- 1 dB which is extremely good for bass response.

I am new to Secrets and actually have no published reviews as of yet. There are distinct types of reviews, mostly depending on who does them. Not every one of the reviewers has direct access to all the measurement equipment, but in many cases if measurements are desired, the piece can be sent to someone who can take them.

And for the record, I did not agree with the statement about the port noise either. Chuffing is a problem with design.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
I think before you make "definitive" statements you might wanna pick up the basics and "quit" relying on the manufacturers marketing brochure for "answers" ;)
Oh, BTW many Velodyne's are sealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks