What's new

Searching for a central channel stand... (1 Viewer)

Joel Lucas

Auditioning
I own a Toshiba 40H80 Widescreen which I love, with the exception that it's so skinny on top there's no way to plop a bigger center channel down.
I was searching through some equipment page today and found this:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/...ent/28726.html
The bottom 3 pictures on that page show exactly what I'm searching for... an attaching center channel speaker stand that allows for a large center on the TV.
Does anyone at all know where I can get this product? Is this some homemade solution? I've been looking for this stand for almost a year now.
Thanks in advance,
-Joel

Jim FC

Stunt Coordinator
Looks to me like somebody made that out of a 2X4... I've never seen a product like that. What size is your center speaker? Unless it's huge, just use some Velcro. You may think velcro's not strong enough, but if the speaker's more-or-less balanced up there, all the velcro has to do is to keep it from sliding back and forth. Works great for me! Hope this helps...

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
My biggest question is why is the center channel lying on it's side? He's got identical speakers all around. Turn that sucker on end like it's supposed to be! :)
BTW, I have seen a platform that has two extensions behind it that rest on the back of a computer monitor. But I've never seen one large enough to work for an RPTV. You could buy a piece of MDF and have some dowels attached at the back so that it holds the MDF "shelf" level. Velcro whould hold it in place.
Brian

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
They sell a plastic piece with adjustable legs for DVD/VCRs to be placed on top of your TV. Before I moved to my new house and got a new TV, I used one of these for my center channel on top of the TV. Now it is in the bedroom with the extra laser/DVD player when I made an upgrade. The thing came with two tiers, but you don't have to put the top tier on it. It seems to work OK, doesn't rattle or fall off.

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
Joel, what center speaker are you using, how much does it weigh?

I machined a center speaker support from aluminum at work and used it to support a B&W LCR6S2 for a while. I did'nt like the fact it was so high off the ground since I use the Toshiba stand with my set so I purchased B&W stands for $80 and placed the center speaker on them instead. It sits in front of the set, I like it there much better. If you have space in front of your set, perhaps consider doing that.

Joel Lucas

Auditioning
Well, since I've been waiting for some place to put it for so long, I haven't bought it yet, but the JBL S-Center I've had my eye on is about 15 pounds.

I've thought about putting it in front of the TV, but then I'll have a speaker cable out from the cable jungle behind and I feel like it would be distracting to have it sitting there.

SHAWN SZILEZY

Stunt Coordinator
Joel,
I own a TW40X81 and I was in the same boat until I found this stand:
Link Removed
I went with the 18" model and it sits just below the screen. To me, there was no way I was putting my center channel on top of my set. I own an Atlantic Tech center which weighs in at 26lbs. The TV was not made to support that kind of weight. As for the cable showing, I ran mine out the crack in between the glass and stand. I would tell you to look at my pics but they are not updated to show the center stand yet. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks