What's new

Press Release Scream Factory Press Release: Cursed (2005) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
272968725_2406471832823147_4240549126708524464_n.jpg 272992578_2406470396156624_1123482256822013040_n.jpg

Wes Craven’s 2005 werewolf thriller CURSED is coming as a Collector’s Edition Blu-ray on April 26th!
Christina Ricci, Jesse Eisenberg, Joshua Jackson, Judy Greer, and Milo Ventimiglia find themselves caught up in an unimaginable horror! A werewolf loose in Los Angeles changes the lives of three young adults who, after being mauled by the beast, learn that the only way to break the curse put upon them is to kill the one who started it all!
🌘

Extras will be announced at a later date, but there will be a new HD transfer of both the Theatrical and Unrated cuts.
If you order directly from us, you will receive a limited-edition newly illustrated 18” x 24” rolled poster from artist Colin Murdoch (while supplies last).

Break the curse: https://www.shoutfactory.com/.../cursed-collector-s...

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Please let them reconstruct the cut- even if it's only in standard definition- before the Weinsteins completely screwed this movie by editing and reshooting chunks of it. I'll even settle for just the deleted scenes.
Is that different from the "unrated cut" mentioned above?

EDIT: Answered my own question. The "unrated" cut as known includes only 2 minutes of additional footage cut to achive a PG-13 rating. Info at Wikipedia quotes the editor of the film as saying it would be unlikely they to re-create the original version as they never shot the ending that was intended for that version.

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Is that different from the "unrated cut" mentioned above?

EDIT: Answered my own question. The "unrated" cut as known includes only 2 minutes of additional footage cut to achive a PG-13 rating. Info at Wikipedia quotes the editor of the film as saying it would be unlikely they to re-create the original version as they never shot the ending that was intended for that version.
Yeah, I was hoping for anything. Whether it's as much footage as they shot and then storyboards or the script pages for what wasn't shot but I just saw Scream Factory say that there's no "original cut" on this disc. However, they didn't say that there won't be deleted scenes so hope remains that something will be on there.

Also, I hope this is the first of many Dimension releases from Shout. I'd love to see them do Scream 2, and 3 (and Scream 4 if Paramount owns The Weinstein Company stuff) or From Dusk Till Dawn or Grindhouse or Halloween 6, 7, and 8 on UHD.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Also, I hope this is the first of many Dimension releases from Shout. I'd love to see them do Scream 2, and 3 (and Scream 4 if Paramount owns The Weinstein Company stuff) or From Dusk Till Dawn or Grindhouse or Halloween 6, 7, and 8 on UHD.
TWC releases [including Dimension titles post-2005] are owned by Lantern Entertainment and distributed on video platforms by Lionsgate.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Please let them reconstruct the cut- even if it's only in standard definition- before the Weinsteins completely screwed this movie by editing and reshooting chunks of it. I'll even settle for just the deleted scenes.
From Scream Factory's website:
(Please Note: The Unrated Cut is not the original Craven cut of the film featuring different actors in the roles. We tried.)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
ScreamFactory.Color.RGB.jpg
SCREAM FACTORY™
PRESENTS

A WES CRAVEN Film
CURSED
COLLECTOR’S EDITION
Directed by Wes Craven Written by Kevin Williamson​
Cursed2005_BR_PS_Ocard_300dpi.jpg
HIGHLY ANTICIPATED CULT HORROR CLASSIC
ARRIVES ON BLU-RAY™ May 10, 2022 FROM SCREAM FACTORY™

"Four Stars! A Breathtaking Supernatural Thriller!”
– Wireless Magazine​
A werewolf loose in Los Angeles changes the lives of three young adults who, after being mauled by the beast, learn that the only way to break the curse put upon them is to kill the one who started it all! On May 10, 2022, Wes Craven's CURSED howls its way into your home as a 2-disc Collector’s Edition Blu-ray, featuring both the Theatrical and Unrated cuts of the film! Directed by horror master Wes Craven and written by Kevin Williamson (Scream), this frightening horror thriller stars Christina Ricci (Yellowjackets), Joshua Jackson (Dr. Death), Jesse Eisenberg (Zombieland), Judy Greer (Halloween Kills), and Milo Ventimiglia (Kiss Of The Damned). A werewolf loose in Los Angeles changes the lives of three young adults who, after being mauled by the beast, learn that the only way to break the curse put upon them is to kill the one who started it all!

A must have for movie collectors, this Blu-ray release contains special bonus content, including new 4k scan of the theatrical cut and unrated cut, interviews with actor Derek Mears, editor Patrick Lussier, and more. Pre-order now from ShoutFactory.com and receive an exclusive rolled 18”x 24” poster featuring new artwork from artist Colin Murdoch, while supplies last!

CURSED Collector’s Edition 2-Disc Blu-ray
Featuring Theatrical and Unrated cuts of the movie
*Please note: The Unrated Cut is not the original Craven cut of the film featuring different actors in the roles.

Theatrical Cut
  • NEW 4K scan of the original camera negative
  • NEW A Sheep in Wolf’s Clothing – an interview with actor Derek Mears
  • NEW A Movie That Lives Up To Its Title – an interview with editor Patrick Lussier
  • Behind the Fangs: The Making of CURSED
  • The CURSED effects
  • Becoming a Werewolf
  • Creature Editing 101
  • Theatrical Trailer

Unrated Cut
  • NEW 4K scan of the original camera negative
  • Select Scenes with Audio Commentary by special effects artist Greg Nicotero and actor Derek Mears

1080p High-Definition Widescreen (2.40:1)/DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/English Subtitles/2005/Approximate Feature Running Time: +/- 97 Minutes (Theatrical Cut) 99 Minutes (Unrated Cut)

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
CURSED Collector’s Edition 2-Disc Blu-ray
Featuring Theatrical and Unrated cuts of the movie
*Please note: The Unrated Cut is not the original Craven cut of the film featuring different actors in the roles.
Fun fact: the "Unrated Cut" is actually R-rated and was released theatrically in Canada. I handled prints of this cut when I worked as a projectionist while going to law school.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks