Scream (2022)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Title: Scream (2022)

Genre: Horror, Thriller

Director: Matt Bettinelli-Olpin, Tyler Gillett

Cast: Neve Campbell, David Arquette, Courteney Cox, Mikey Madison, Jasmin Savoy Brown, Marley Shelton, Melissa Barrera, Jenna Ortega, Jack Quaid, Dylan Minnette, Mason Gooding, Kyle Gallner, Sonia Ammar, Heather Matarazzo, Reggie Conquest, Chester Tam

Release: 2022-01-12

Plot: The fifth film in the "Scream" series.
Filming has wrapped on the latest Scream sequel which, in the new trend of just recycling the title of the original and contrary to the poster shown above, is now officially known as simply Scream.

https://ew.com/movies/scream-5-official-title/

I would have voted for Scream Again.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
No Wes, so even if it is a good film, it's a pretender, besides that poster works, but only if this finishes the series completely

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Now they can do another sequel in 10 years that is a direct sequel to the original 1996 Scream which ignores all the sequels. They will call THAT one simply “Scream” as well.

I really don’t know what to think of this. Scream 4 was a disappointment for me, and the first 3 haven’t exactly aged well in my book. But I’m sure I’ll end up giving it a shot. Maybe I’ll be surprised.

JasonRoer

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason Roer
I was visiting a girlfriend in Boston when the first Scream came out. We were in a small town outside the city (can't recall which), and we decided to see the film. I thought it was supposed to be a campy horror-comedy, so when that first scene came on, I was totally caught off guard. Anyway, we took a cab there and obviously needed to take a cab home. As we were heading home, police sirens chimed and 2 police cars chased down the cab. The cab driver eventually pulled over. We got out. The driver had a warrant for his arrest! The cops drove us home. How about that for a follow up to watching Scream.

Anyway, I'm not sure how I feel about this new sequel. I wasn't fond of 2 or 3 and I never saw 4 as a result. I could maybe give this a go when it comes to streaming. I guess I'll decide whenever that is.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Looks like a cut above the usual sequel yes pun intended
It sounds like the directors are big fans of Wes Craven and were inspired to become directors by the original film, so hopefully they've made a good one.

Campbell decided to play the much-tormented Sidney Prescott one more time after receiving a missive from the new movie's directors, Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett.

"Matt and Tyler wrote me a letter," Campbell said, "speaking of their appreciation and great respect for Wes Craven, and speaking of the fact that the very reason that they are directors today was because of these movies and because of Wes, and that meant a great deal to me."
https://ew.com/movies/trailers/scream-5-trailer-neve-campbell/

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I've avoided the HALLOWEEN KILLS trailers and I'll skip this one as well but I am looking forward to it.

Did theaters stop showing marathon movies? I remember back when HARRY POTTER and TWILIGHT were out theaters would play all of the movies leading up to the new one. I couldn't believe no one played HALLOWEEN 1978/2018 and that no one is doing 2018/KILLS. It would be nice to see these films back-to-back.

JasonRoer

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason Roer
I've avoided the HALLOWEEN KILLS trailers and I'll skip this one as well but I am looking forward to it.

Did theaters stop showing marathon movies? I remember back when HARRY POTTER and TWILIGHT were out theaters would play all of the movies leading up to the new one. I couldn't believe no one played HALLOWEEN 1978/2018 and that no one is doing 2018/KILLS. It would be nice to see these films back-to-back.
I wanted to do a triple feature (Halloween '78, Halloween '18, Halloween Kills) on the new home theater, however, my wife comes back from being away on either Friday night or Saturday morning. So I'll watch 78 and 18 tomorrow, and if by some chance Kills streams on Thursday night, I watch it. If not, I'll watch Kills at some point this weekend.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Maybe next year when they finish off the trilogy/quartet? I'll be watching the 2018 movie on Thursday afternoon.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
FGfjGaWXEAEDZza

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks