Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Scream VI

Tagline: New York. New Rules.

Genre: Horror, Thriller, Mystery

Director: Matt Bettinelli-Olpin, Tyler Gillett

Cast: Courteney Cox, Melissa Barrera, Jenna Ortega, Jasmin Savoy Brown, Mason Gooding, Hayden Panettiere, Dermot Mulroney, Jack Champion, Liana Liberato, Devyn Nekoda, Josh Segarra, Henry Czerny, Samara Weaving, Tony Revolori, Thomas Cadrot, Andre Anthony, Frank Fiola, Roger Jackson

Release: 2023-03-09

Plot: Following the latest Ghostface killings, the four survivors leave Woodsboro behind and start a fresh chapter.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Since the last film was again simply titled "Scream", wouldn't that make this "Scream 2"?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Since the last film was again simply titled "Scream", wouldn't that make this "Scream 2"?
I would technically call it Scream 2 (2023). :)

Since numbers have fallen out of favor for sequels, I assume they'll be using a subtitle for this one so they'll use something like Scream: Ghostface Returns... Again or Scream: Return To Woodsboro... Again.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Wasn't the recent one Scream 5 in all but name? (I mean, it exists in the same continuity as the previous four films?) I stay away from horror films as a general practice because of my startle reflex and extreme dislike for jump scares. But knowing that I wouldn't go, a good friend wanted me to read the Wikipedia synopsis of the fifth film in order to alert him in advance if any of the characters he was attached to died in the new one. It seemed to me that it was functionally Scream 5 even if they dropped the number.

Years from now, it could be very confusing for future generations to tell different films apart what with all of the recent films just using the same title or adding a different article to the front.

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Years from now, it could be very confusing for future generations to tell different films apart what with all of the recent films just using the same title or adding a different article to the front.
Paramount must think it's confusing now because they felt the image for the press release for the DVD/Blu/UHD needed to say "All-New Movie" on it.

086ca83f-d701-5973-5d78-9cc7277ec246.jpg

While having that "All-New Movie" banner is really funny to me, I do find it odd that they didn't do the same or similar thing for the theatrical release. I mean the public is dumb and all but even I give them enough credit to remember a movie that came out in mid-January and if they could figure out it was new then, I have faith that they can still do it less than three months later.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Neve Campbell will not return for Scream 6

As we told you earlier this morning, we had been hearing that the rumors were true and Neve Campbell wouldn’t be returning for Scream 6, and Campbell now makes that official.

Campbell tells Deadline this afternoon, “Sadly I won’t be making the next Scream film.”

The actress continues, “As a woman I have had to work extremely hard in my career to establish my value, especially when it comes to Scream. I felt the offer that was presented to me did not equate to the value I have brought to the franchise.” "It’s been a very difficult decision to move on. To all my Scream fans, I love you. You’ve always been so incredibly supportive to me. I’m forever grateful to you and to what this franchise has given me over the past 25 years,” adds Campbell.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie...-return-for-scream-6-with-official-statement/

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
So this is a financial rather than a creative decision on Campbell's part. Presumably, she's going public to get Paramount to pay up so I hope she gets what she wants. That being said, if she doesn't come back, I'm actually OK with them focusing on the new kids rather than finding a way to bring Sidney and Gale back into their story again.

Last edited:
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks