What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (8 Viewers)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Seriously? I had no idea. Sorry about that.

Okay, just prior to filming an episode of TOS, this actor/actress suffered a severe arm injury which prevented this person from using that arm. Name the person. I get the feeling that this will not be very challenging given that Lee and Nelson (perhaps others?) have been reading Cushman fervently.

Incidentally guys, reports are that 5 Seconds of Summer is through and One Direction is in full swing right now. And three of my daughters and their best friend are ecstatic at this very moment. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Sorry Scott, yes. You named the most dual appearance actors in the last question. Lee, I just checked the local listings and I don't see that episode named, but my MeTV station could be changing from the published listings and doing the same Rockford you saw. Ill see tomorrow during its normal air time. I think I do know the answer Scott. Perhaps if I pause to mull, someone else will answer. :)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I don't recall the one-armed performer. I'll think about it...Nelson, didn't mean to send you after some "wild aquatic fowl." The Rockford Files episode was on DVD, not an on-air rerun. It's "Trouble in Chapter 17."Glad the concert is progressing, Scott. And don't let your wife pretend she doesn't love it, too!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Lee,Two adults, and four girls (fifteen, twelve, twelve, and nine). My daughters' best friend (one of the twelve-year olds) was born on September 11, 2001. My twelve-year old was born five days later. This was an early birthday present for the two twelve-year olds. Of course, I couldn't really get a ticket for those two and not get tickets for my other '1D' daughters. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Lee, I see. You must have quite a TV Shows on DVD collection! Rockford is also on my list of series to collect on disc. Scott, sounds like quite an exciting evening for the family! Speaking of rocking out, The Way to Eden is on MeTV now!Nice to read about Ms Newmar. :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Incredible as it may sound, the first episode I watched of The Invaders tonight had the person in my trivia question guest starring in it!

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
A happy birthday indeed to Julie Newmar. I saw some footage of her at Comic Con talking about the forthcoming DVD release of Batman. Apart from being a little hard of hearing, she seemed much like her old self.Funny coincidence about The Invaders. That show does have a lot of guest star overlap with Star Trek, so if it was going to happen with one show, I suppose The Invaders had as good chance as any. Alas, that means it doesn't narrow down the possible trivia answers very much...Nelson, I suppose I do have a lot of TV shows on DVD, although for the HTF, I probably rank as a Junior Collector!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Interesting, if the actor is who I think it is, he was also in a Mission Impossible! He certainly had a lot of work during that period.Lee, there is another series to add then to the collection. :). I took a look for the YouTube video you speak of and found one with Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar at San Diego. I'll probably be getting the Batman set too even though I am not an avid fan, it will be quite a release. And it's cool it's also a blu ray DVD release. If I understand it, the set includes both formats? It's not clear from what I've seen, but if I watch that video, maybe I'll find out. Scott, everyone doing okay this morning after last nights excitement! :)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I already have Batman in its available form, but will certainly be getting the legitimate set on Day One. It isn't a dual-format release, but they are releasing the blu-ray and the standard DVD sets on the same day, so you can choose for yourself. There is also a first-season-only standard DVD set coming on the same day.And now I have discerned a clue to the identity of the one-armed man...

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Lee. I was afraid of that. I like having copies in both formats. So I'll have to decide between them. But high def is definitely the way to go on this series.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Ah, that's good to know. A digital copy is a good addition. I've never downloaded digital media from a blu ray disc I've bought before. This one I'll probably do now that I've just set up an Apple TV in my system. I only have it connected to the TV, so I'll set it up with the audio system. Thanks Lee!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Lee,Please don't go The Fugitive on me now. ;)

Nelson and Lee,

Yes, according to my wife they had a wonderful time. She used the words 'incredible' and 'wonderful' to describe their experience. The only drawback (and it was a small one at that) was that it took hours to leave the parking lot. This was due not only to the 65,000-70,000 or so fans at the concert, but also because the Detroit Tigers had a home game last night, which is another 42,000 or so people. I am told that there was also an additional 5,000 or so at the Opera House and that they were leaving at approximately the same time.

My wife also mentioned that they were moving an inch at a time and then stopping while trying to leave the parking lot. So they decided to get out of their vehicle and to begin dancing (to the music of 1D) with a lot of other girls who were in the van that was next to them in the lot. She said that our girls loved this a lot. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Sounds a little like the mess at the McCartney concert except people we're trapped in their cars just trying to get into the concert.Well Lee, if you think you have the answer for the one armed man, will you name it? If not I'm tempted. :)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
The beauty of events like that is that they will remember the concert forever and the parking problems will fade from memory soon.I have a few guesses about the one-armed man, but that's all. If you know it, Nelson, yield to temptation.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Lee and Nelson,Who said that the actor / actress I am looking for is a male?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Okay, if Scott is implying its not necessarily a male actor, then my guess might be valueless. So I'll venture one. Alfred Ryder seemed to have a problem with his arm.

Users who are viewing this thread

• EdG

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks