What's new

SCOOBY-DOO Cartoons edited ? (1 Viewer)

CIULLOCAMNY

Agent
Real Name
CHRIS
I don't know if this subject has been part of any previous thread discussions, so pardon me if this is redundant. I just cracked open the NEW SCOOBY-DOO movies boxed set and noticed that the opens to all of the "movies" have a few altered scenes in them. If any one is familiar with the open to the show it shows various "spooky" scenes mixed in with cameo shots of the various guest stars that Scooby and the gang meet along the way. Especially in the first shot where a tall shadow engulfs Scooby and Shaggy and it's revealed that it is Lurch from the Addams Family. But instead of seeing Lurch we see a Ghostly Knight on a horse figure emerging from a fireplace. Other guest star shots of Batman and Robin, the Three Stooges and Laurel & Hardy were omitted and replaced with alternating shots. Why was this done ? And, is there going to be another volume of these movies ? Because no where on the volume is the episode featuring the Addams Family. And I didn't notice the Jerry Reed episode either. Can anyone shed some light on this ? Or is this WBHV screwing things up again ? And Boo on them for the Tom and Jerry 3rd set as well. Thanks.

Joe:C

Second Unit
There were rights issues with some episodes(Addams Family for example). Thats why some episodes are missing and the opening has been altered.

CIULLOCAMNY

Agent
Real Name
CHRIS
AAHHHHHH !!! Those darn rights issues again ! That old song again ! I thought I knew the name of that tune. I keep hearing it over and over again. Someone stop the insanity ! Thanks for info Joe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks