What's new

Scientists find cure for procrastination! (1 Viewer)

Leo Hinze

Stunt Coordinator
I saw some other links to this exciting breakthrough, but I was going to read them tomorrow.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
The trick is to become a supervisor/manager, and get the REST OF THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU to take this gene therapy. ;)

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor

This study was brought to you by the same folks that explain away obesity as a genetic disorder rather than being fat due to porking out on ice cream, Krispy Kreme donuts & super-sized fries.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Hey, procrastination can be learned, just like a lot of behaviors. The point of the study is, given a set of monkeys in the same environment, adding this therapy has an effect common to all of them.

It would have been nice if they had another group of monkeys given a dose of caffeine instead - many writers credit caffeine as important in their motivation to write, and see alcohol in the opposite light.

Also, don't forget the studies of ambient temperature affecting worker performance. Who wants to work when it is 90 degrees F in the office? I couldn't - it'd be hell. But, if it is around 60 or 65F, it's a lot easier...

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
I've been meaning to look at this thread for quite a while but just never got around to it. As a matter of fact I haven't read any of the posts! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks