What's new

Schoolgirl set on fire and told to "stay home" (1 Viewer)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I'll let you read the whole link for yourself, but the short version is thus:

*Handicapped school girl gets threatened with knife and has her hair set on fire. School fails to investigate or suspend attacker (even though they confirm he had a knife). School then tells victim "Stay home for the rest of the year".

God damn. Somebody needs to set that school's administrator on fire. :angry:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...96/detail.html

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Funny thing is I'm always impressed with how family friendly Denver is compared to other metro areas I've lived in. But what the heck is up with our schools? Columbine and now ths sort of thing?

I suggest they remove the intensive crack/DOOM lab study course from the program before it causes problems.

:D

David Brown Eyes

Second Unit
Why the hell are the bullies never every punished, The victims are always made to be at fault.

I would not be surprised if the people doing this are on the football or other sports team.

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
Why would you think they are involved in sports. Research has proven that children involved in sports or music get into less trouble. Sure they may pick on kids but not the hurrendous stuff like setting someone on fire. That's the kids that have serious problems usually at home.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
wtf? what summer school program??? why should she have to miss another day of class? that makes no sense?

at least the school apparantly figured out what a bunch of idiots they are. sheesh, sometimes i really worry for our future.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
While still a really bad decision, It may be that the school administration was not trying to punish her, Her mother was told she did not need to come back to school for the rest of the year and would not lose any points on her grades. Chances are the school only had a few days left with summer vacation coming. With the last few days of school not meaning a very much and the girl just having gone through some effed up shit, the principal may have thought she'd prefer to stay home (The acticle does not say she was suspended or told not to come to school, but that she did not have to).

That said, They really should punish the kid or kids reponsible, and should have reported it to the police department right away.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
That's unbelievable. Is this all there is to the story? The other stories on that page lead me to believe we may not be getting the whole story from this source. I also don't understand why they ran the series of "good" quotes from the victim. Couldn't they have found something better to run?

Here's another CO prize pupil I just read about after following the above link.

Look down the bottom of the other link for details to this and many other bizarre stories from CO.

E

Eric Kahn

Kid responsible should be punished by the police, like jail time or juvinile center until 18 if said kid is under 18

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
aye!

It's about time we draw the line and show these punks that THEY CANNOT GET AWAY WITH THIS CRAP ANY LONGER!

David Brown Eyes

Second Unit
well in my experiance it was the jocks who were "untouchable" as far as punnishment goes.

I make that assumption because the victim was punnished not the kid who actually did the deed. I know of very few schools that would punnish or gasp expell any star sports player.

YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks