What's new

Scent of a Woman- What a pleasant surprise! (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Sitting down to watch this for our Sunday family "dinner theater" (as my grandma likes to call it) last night, I was expecting to be wowed by a great Pacino performance, but not much else. Boy was I wrong!! I loved just about everything about this movie, from Thomas Newman's score to the performances of Phillip Seymour Hoffman, James Rebhorn and especially Chris O'Donnel. I think the greatness of Pacino's performance was that his character didn't change a bit from beginning to end, but the circumstances and his performance changed the audience's perception of him from a wretched, self-loathing loser to a smart, funny, stand-up guy. The only thing that bugged was that Pacino kept trying for some sort of Southern accent, failing, going with no accent for about 15 minutes, then going back with the accent. Oh well, a small complaint among a see of greatness. BTW, this doesn't mean I think Unforgiven shouldn't have won best pic.;)

Fred Bang

Stunt Coordinator
I agree that this is one of my best movies. I must have watch the tango scene a gazillion time. (Gabrielle Anwar is cute. Too bad she dumped the acting biz)

Oooouaaaah!

I'm waiting for a good version on DVD, but I can't wait to own it.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
One of my all time favorites and I saw it for the first time on TNT. How sad is that? The title never did anything for me so I just waited till I was sitting around one day and watched it in it's commercial filled, pan and scan, edited glory and could not believe it took me about 4 years to watch that movie. It then took approximately 6 more months to convince my friends to watch it.
Great Movie :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: I would have chose Scent of a Woman over Unforgiven but I can't fault either.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
This is one of Pacino's greatest performances. I love the film, but I could have done without the over-written ending.

Still one of my all-time favorites, though.

Hoo-ah!

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks