What's new

Saw new version of Night of the Living Dead today... COLORIZED...? (1 Viewer)

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
I'm not referring to the riffing, but Mike's frequent references to it as a "stupid zombie movie", "boring"... In my opinion, that's not satire.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I agree - I didn't get the impression he was joking when he made negative comments about the movie. Maybe he DOES dislike NOTLD - that's his right, and he does point out many of its notable flaws. I disliked the commentary because:

-it's very slow-paced and includes lots of dead air
-there's little real information - occasionally he tosses out a fact (among made-up ones) but not many
-it's not funny! He has a few clever lines, but no more than say, five in a 90-minute track.

I sit through a LOT of audio commentaries, and this was one of the least interesting I've heard in a loooong time. I was really bored with it...

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter

I disliked it because it accompanies a bastardization of a classic movie.

As I said when I wrote about this release in the newspaper, its makers were half-right when they claimed that this colorized version will "thrill the horror film fan and horrify the film purist."

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I enjoy MST3K for what it is but...

I think it bastardize a film just as much as a B&W film turned color to try and get new fans. I'm sure NOTLD will get new fans because they can now watch it in color, with 5.1 and the commentary but it's a shame some might not watch the original film itself. The same with the MST3K films, I think it's a shame some wouldn't bother watching them without the commentary. Most fans of the show throw insults saying who would want to watch them without the commentary but these films had fans long before MST3K. The "commentary" was just a way to bring in new fans to these films just as Fox is doing with these colorized B&W films.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks