What's new

Saturday Night Live - Season 34 (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

I was coming in to say exactly that. He is becoming one of my favorite hosts, easily one of the should not miss hosts appearances on SNL.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

High marks to Susan Sarandon and Patricia Clarkson for the courage to take part in that bit.

I agree with some of the previous comments, I would not know if I was hearing Justin on the radio, actually, it would be impossible, I don't listen to that kind of radio.
On SNL however, I've loved the guy ever since I saw him dressed in a giant drink cup and being perfectly groovy at it.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
This is the first time all season where I've found myself re-watching sketches the next day repeatedly and laughing my ass off.

I'm sorry, the entire sequence on the boat and in front of the plastic surgery office are hilarious. "He will bring sexy back"...

I still can't believe the section where he basically outed Britney Spears and said "yeah, we got it on.." that was CLASSIC material. That entire sketch on the boat, where he repeatedly through himself under the bus and others was the kind of thing that rarely happens.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Add me to the pile. Don't care for his music, but he does have a gift for comedy.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

Same here. Every appearance of his on SNL, whether as host or surprise, has always been re-watchable. I've a seen a few films that he happened to be in and he wasn't bad. As a matter of fact he was the only funny thing in Love Guru.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
He totally works his ass off when he comes on the show. Most guest hosts stand around and awkwardly read lines and 1/2 the time are trainwrecks. Not only does Justin do the sketches perfectly, he does all the singing, dancing bits and knocks them out of the park. Say what you want about his music, he is a very talented and very funny dude. My friend used to do wardrobe on the last N'sync tour and I asked her if they were lip-syncing, etc... She said, "no, they really sing and Justin works his ass off."

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
He said thanks to Jessica Alba at the end - was she in a sketch and I just missed it?

I loved the line on the boat about him and Brittney...

Big props to JT - he is the man..

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
He was thanking his girlfriend Jessica Biel, but for what, I don't know. She was not in any aired sketch (the last time JT was on for a WU segment, she appeared as Jessica Rabbit), but maybe she was in one that was cut after dress rehearsal. Or maybe he was just thanking her for being so hot. I mean, I would.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Ahh... of course. As I skip through the commercials, if I see the title card for the musical act, I just skip right over it. SNL does occaisionally have a non-host introduce the musical guest. I have a memory of Sarah Michelle Gellar introducing the musical guest even though she wasn't hosting.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It was also that the first song featured JT with Ciara, so he couldn't really do it himself.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Pretty strong finale. Record number of cameo appearances. Was this the first time a former MadTV cast member (Artie Lange) appeared on SNL?

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
I missed the last half-hour. Who was on besides Tom Hanks and Norm MacDonald?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I didn't even get to the last half hour yet, but also in the first were Chris Parnell and Maya Rudolph. I think, Chris has been gone from the show for at least a season or two. As a matter of fact, if I remember correctly both Norm and Chris were both fired from the show (at different times). Parnell was let go with Horatio Sans and one or two others due to cut backs. Anyway, sure was fun seeing a lot of familiar faces!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The Billy Joel "Goodnight Saigon" song skit appeared to have the whole cast plus musical and special guests joining in, including those mentioned above, Anne Hathaway, Amy Poehler, and probably more that I didn't catch.

The skits that NBC has from last night are the Funeral, Jeopardy, Lawrence Welk, Harry Caray on Weekend Update, Will Ferrrell's Monologue and the Cheney open.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
That was an old piece from when those three were all regulars.

I wonder if they intended to mirror the 30 Rock finale with the cameo sing-along?

Those guys need to work on their fake violin playing.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks