What's new

Saturday Night Live - Season 34 (1 Viewer)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I'm not a fan of Tracy's characters, like the animal guy who can't say his own name right (he says "Fellows", but the graphic says "Fellow"), the astronaut, etc.

The digital short was again one of the few decent moments- "look at those jokers, turd burglar, numbnuts..."

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
Last night, there was a rerun on SNL, but next weeks musical guest is "Pheonix". Is this Joaquin's "rap" group? If so, it should be hilarious. I'm a big fan of his, but he's really losing it. He's already been made fun of on the Oscars and SNL. I'll just wait and see if it's him.:laugh: :laugh:

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
Thanks for telling me. I've never heard of that group, though. I always watch SNL anyway, so I'll see them.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Joaquin isn't really "losing it". It is all an act. A poorly performed one at that, if you ask me. He is shooting a documentary with Casey Affleck, and this fake meltdown of his is the subject. It isn't for real.

It wouldn't surprise me if he turned up on SNL, as Andy Kaufman did. The difference was, Kaufman was a lot more intelligent.

jmjinla

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe Jameson

Darn, you're right. I was kinda hoping it would be Joaquin, even if it is all fake.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Haven't watched all of last night's episode yet but the opening sketch was horribly tedious. The "Fast and The Bi-curious" was hysterical though :laugh:

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Phoenix were very enjoyable. For the most part the show really blew, though. Weird ending

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Why did Phoenix get three musical numbers? I didn't find them to be very good, and had never even heard of them before. Are they that popular?

And as for the opening skit, I wish SNL didn't feel they had to do a political sketch every week. Sure, they won a Peabody for them last year, but if nothing newsworthy is happening, it comes across as forced.

Still, have to love the Muppets sketch. Although why bury it at the end?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It could be that they got a good response from the audience. Also, I think quite a few performers actually do a third number which we never see.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

When its happened before its been bands like U2 and Coldplay, not new bands that are (I thought) forgettable.

Normally you have the Good Nights.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'm not a fan of Justin Timberlake's music. But I have to admit, they should just have him on repeatedly as a basic cast member because he's damn good in this show. One of the few times SNL is worth watching is when he comes on.

What's funny is that he does a better job of seemlessly delivering the punchlines and bits then the cast.

Best moments:

* Timberlake asserting he and Brittany got it on ... classic "He'll pretend they are virgins, but really, he hit that"
* The entire mother-lover sequel to Dick-In-A-Box Digital Short
* Somali Pirate weapons delivered to Disneyworld, characters go on rampage

Problem is, the SNL actors (Somali pirates) hurt that sketch, but made me laugh. Plastic surgery sketch also made me laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks