1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Satellite Rec. to multiple TVs - need RCA to Coax adapter.

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by CyrusR, May 5, 2005.

1. CyrusR

CyrusR Auditioning

My HD satellite receiver only has RCA outputs to connect to other tvs (aside from the Component outputs to the main TV). With my prior receiver (from Voom, now I use Dish) I connected to my main HDTV and then through a coax output ran coax cables up to the attic splitting them into two rooms upstairs with non HDTVs.

But with this new receiver I can't connect the coax cable, only RCA. Is there a RCA (Audio L/R, Video) to coax adapter anyone knows of because I haven't found one. Or is there another type of converter I can use?

Thanks everyone,
    Cyrus

2. Jeff Whitford

Jeff Whitford Screenwriter

Ive never seen a satellite receiver without an out to TV coax jack. What kind/model is it? You could probably use an rf modulator like people use that dont have rca jacks on there tv for DVD or a video game system.

3. RomanSohor

RomanSohor Second Unit

If there is no RF out and you want to send Audio/Video over a single coax you need to use an RF modulator to make the conversion... You could also put RCA ends on the coax cable, and run 2 more for your L/R audio and connect to the A/V in on your television [​IMG]

4. Jeff Whitford

Jeff Whitford Screenwriter

Is there an echo in here?[​IMG]