What's new
World Wide Stereo

Satellite Rec. to multiple TVs - need RCA to Coax adapter. (1 Viewer)

CyrusR

Auditioning
My HD satellite receiver only has RCA outputs to connect to other tvs (aside from the Component outputs to the main TV). With my prior receiver (from Voom, now I use Dish) I connected to my main HDTV and then through a coax output ran coax cables up to the attic splitting them into two rooms upstairs with non HDTVs.

But with this new receiver I can't connect the coax cable, only RCA. Is there a RCA (Audio L/R, Video) to coax adapter anyone knows of because I haven't found one. Or is there another type of converter I can use?

Thanks everyone,
Cyrus

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
Ive never seen a satellite receiver without an out to TV coax jack. What kind/model is it? You could probably use an rf modulator like people use that dont have rca jacks on there tv for DVD or a video game system.

RomanSohor

Second Unit
If there is no RF out and you want to send Audio/Video over a single coax you need to use an RF modulator to make the conversion... You could also put RCA ends on the coax cable, and run 2 more for your L/R audio and connect to the A/V in on your television :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks