What's new

RCA output issues (1 Viewer)

Chris M34

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chrisht
So weirdest electronic issue, I have a DJ controller that runs with RCA cables and when I connect it with an RCA to 3.5mm adapter and run into my receiver it works fine but I recently tried to run it direct to my speakers with an RCA to 1/4 connection and you can barely hear any vocals. Originally thought Red RCA output was bad but here’s were it gets funny. My Brother has the same controller and when we run same RCA to 1/4 direct yo speaker it works fine buuut now if I go RCA to 3.5mm adapter into my receiver his red RCA output doesn’t work? How is this happening? Lol

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Hard to give a definitive answer since you didn’t give us the make and model of anything you’re dealing with so we could look up manuals, but the problem is most likely that you’re using the wrong 3.5 mm or 1/4" “adapters.” They can be had in tip-sleeve (so-called mono) or tip-ring-sleeve (stereo) varieties, or in the case of 3.5 tip-ring-ring-sleeve. Using one variety when another is required, things won’t work right.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Chris M34

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chrisht
Thanks Wayne, the DJ controllers are Pioneer DDJWEGO4’s. When using the 3.5mm adapter it runs directly to my Sony STRDN1060 and works fine with my controller. My brothers exact controller does not it has an issue with the red output and really only plays from 1 speaker. Now when we connect his controller with the RCA to1/4 direct to Bose S1 pro’s his sound is great. Now change to my controller and the sound is terrible you can barely hear the vocals and it also seems to be my red output. It seems weird because if the adapter/connector was the wrong type why would it work for one and not the other? Also not sure if it matters but the set up with the 3.5mm is how I play 99% of the time and the 1/4 connector to the Bose is his set up. It’s almost like they have adapted to them haha

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
the DJ controllers are Pioneer DDJWEGO4’s. When using the 3.5mm adapter it runs directly to my Sony STRDN1060 and works fine with my controller.
I don’t see any reason to do this since the Pioneer had RCA outputs and the Sony has RCA inputs. Just use RCA cables.

Now when we connect his controller with the RCA to1/4 direct to Bose S1 pro’s his sound is great. Now change to my controller and the sound is terrible you can barely hear the vocals and it also seems to be my red output.
The Bose inputs are mono. If you’re using a 1/4" to RCA splitter cable, that means you’re combining stereo to a mono signal. That typically doesn’t work well without an electronic or passive interface. The "disappearing" vocals is a typical issue when trying to combine without the interface.

Beyond that, I suspect that there are some settings that are different between the two DJ units. Or perhaps one has a bad 3.5 mm headphone jack.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Chris M34

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chrisht
Wow I never even thought twice about the 3.5 mm adapter haha I believe it is because I originally was running an app from my iPad to the Sony and when I got the controller later I didn’t put 2/2 together! What would be the correct connection from the controller to the Bose?

Chris M34

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chrisht
Wow I never even thought twice about the 3.5 mm adapter haha I believe it is because I originally was running an app from my iPad to the Sony and when I got the controller later I didn’t put 2/2 together! What would be the correct connection from the controller to the Bose?
I think I just read I could connect my controller direct to Bose with RCA to 3.5 mm adapter. I’m going to try this later

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks