What's new

SASQUATCH - anyone seen it? (1 Viewer)

JasonRH

Second Unit
I found a review on a recently released dvd called Sasquatch that stars Lance Henrikson. It sounded interesting so I considered a blind purchase. Anyone see this movie and have a recommendation? Thanks a lot.

JasonRH

Second Unit
LOL, I just realised that the title of the thread sounds like it's asking if you've actually seen A Sasquatch :)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Rented SASQUATCH last Tuesday. Hmmmm. While I sort of admire the fact they shot this in 12 days, it also suffers terribly from '1st-time-director-syndrome,' where he resorts to too many 'tricks' to liven things up. Whiile I absolutely LOVE anything having to do with such things (bigfoot, UFOs, ghosts), this falls way short. Look for THE LEGEND OF BOGGY CREEK instead. But one of the funniest things I've heard on a commentary is where the people watching the movie didn't realize that the title had been changed from THE UNTOLD to SASQUATCH.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
And another review said the fierce creature on the cover bears no resemblance whatsoever to the creature in the movie. I'd highly suggest a rental first, as it seems to be a bait-and-switch on several levels.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Actually, the creature in the movie at least tried to look like the "real" thing compared to the werewolf-ish looking thing on the cover. According to the commentary, the guy who created the creature FX died shortly after shooting and when they had to go back and add a few things they had to 'recreate' the creature and didn't do a very good job.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I love DTV horror flicks.

They all have Lance Henriksen.

Looking forward to checking this one out eventually. As Jordan mentioned, it's called The Untold elsewhere and at the IMDb.

JasonRH

Second Unit
One more question: Is Boggy Creek the one where there is a group of people on a quest for bigfoot? I recall seeing something a while back that looked like it was filmed as sort of a documentary of people searching for Bigfoot. I remember it being pretty good.

derek

Second Unit
When I heard this 'Sasquatch' dvd was announced..I was HOPING it was the late 70s film 'Sasquatch: The Legend of Bigfoot' (which may be the film you were referring to Jason.) I remember seeing this on broadcast tv like forever ago (15 years?) but have never seen a VHS copy anywhere. I HOPE it eventually gets to DVD.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
No, BOGGY CREEK is a 'documentary' about sightings around Fouke AK. It was a big deal to see when I was a kid and it used to play on TBS every other week. I picked up the DVD awhile ago and trip down Memory Lane every once in awhile. Go to Movies Unlimited and I think you can find that 'Legend of Bigfoot' on VHS. I'm thinking of getting it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks