What's new

Samuel L Jackson doesn't get billing? (1 Viewer)

DarrylWHarrisJr

Stunt Coordinator
Just watch the "brain dumb but fun" XxX dvd. Why doesn't Samuel L Jackson get any billing on the cover or in the movie credits on the back cover. I mean, I think he's a major star (IMO). And I thought Vin was a good actor (see Saving Private Ryan) to until I saw this.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Quite often major stars will appear in a film without receiving onscreen or poster credit due to contractual issues. Or a star might be doing a favor for a director buddy. (Jack Nicholson received no credit for his brief appearances in Broadcast News, for example.)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Well, he was still credited in the film though, right? Never saw it, but he did do press for the movie.

Also, Don Cheadle, who had a pretty significant role in Ocean's Eleven received no credit at all for his work in the movie.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Don Cheadle didn't get credit in Ocean's Eleven because of a dispute. It was his own choice.

Michael Bailey

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe after he saw the film he wanted as low a profile in the credits as possible and was hoping we would not recognize him with that cheezy burn scar!

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
I read in a HTF thread that Don Cheadle and his agent felt that he had a big enough part in Ocean's eleven that his name should be on the poster, but they did not get that wish. Since they could not have the name on the poster, they opted to remove the name from the end credits as well, so people who recognize the name but not the face will not get a wrong impression of his stature. I suppose the same may be the case with Samuel Jackson in XXX. Jackson has been in enough cheesy movied already, so I hardly think that was an issue :)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
This is not anything new in Hollywood. Darren McGavin has a major supporting role in The Natural but no credit in the film or posters. Apparently, he also wanted a bigger billing than the producers were willing to give so he opted for no billing at all.

DarrylWHarrisJr

Stunt Coordinator
Some billing is better than no billing at all. BTW, it does appear that Sam Jackson has been on a cheese streak with movies lately.

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Quote:

Just watch the "brain dumb but fun" XxX dvd. Why doesn't Samuel L Jackson get any billing on the cover or in the movie credits on the back cover.
--------------------------

Not only that, Star Wars Attack Of The Clones is Samuel L. Jackson's first movie according to the xXx filmography.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks