What's new
World Wide Stereo

samsung ln-r238w question (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
I just bought this tv
http://www.shopinator.com/reviews/sa...fications.html

I love it. I have it hooked up as my main PC monitor *12 ms response time* and games never looked better. Right now it is hooked up via analog which brings me to my question.

The connection on the back is HDMI. Basically I can go get a DVI to HDMI connector cable (expensive) a 4 foot one goes for $75 at best buy. Would there be much of a quality difference going from a analog to this HDMI/DVI connection when gaming?

I have a DVI input on my sony 19"lcd , but don't have the HDMI cable yet for the new samsung LCD.

Thanks in advance!

728x90

todd stone

Screenwriter
I have an analog cable from my video card which is an ATi X800 256 meg to the LCD. The native res is 1360x768.

Now I went and bought a HDMI to DVI cable since I had DVI going on my old monitor. When i load it up everything looks terrible and the resolution is lower and cannot be adjusted. Now why when going DVI would it be worse then analog?

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Something is wrong, When I switched to DVI, the difference was astronomical on my Flat Panel. I would bet it's a driver issue. I had to install new drivers that came with my panel as opposed to the ones I installed with my previous analog setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks