samsung ln-r238w question

Discussion in 'Displays' started by todd stone, Jul 23, 2005.

1. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

I just bought this tv
    http://www.shopinator.com/reviews/sa...fications.html

I love it. I have it hooked up as my main PC monitor *12 ms response time* and games never looked better. Right now it is hooked up via analog which brings me to my question.

The connection on the back is HDMI. Basically I can go get a DVI to HDMI connector cable (expensive) a 4 foot one goes for $75 at best buy. Would there be much of a quality difference going from a analog to this HDMI/DVI connection when gaming?

I have a DVI input on my sony 19"lcd , but don't have the HDMI cable yet for the new samsung LCD.

Thanks in advance!

2. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

I have an analog cable from my video card which is an ATi X800 256 meg to the LCD. The native res is 1360x768.

Now I went and bought a HDMI to DVI cable since I had DVI going on my old monitor. When i load it up everything looks terrible and the resolution is lower and cannot be adjusted. Now why when going DVI would it be worse then analog?

3. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

Something is wrong, When I switched to DVI, the difference was astronomical on my Flat Panel. I would bet it's a driver issue. I had to install new drivers that came with my panel as opposed to the ones I installed with my previous analog setup.

4. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

this lcd tv/pc display does not have drivers for it. I checked samsungs site