What's new

Samsung DVD-A921M..........comments, impressions on this? (1 Viewer)

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
Hello. I have been looking for a DVD-A player. I found out about this player. It has progressive scan(3:2), HDCD(would be nice to have), a memory stick port(not that important to me), and plays MP3s/CD-Rs. I can get this for around $260. Does anybody have this player and/or has looked at this player? I'm not sure where Samsung players rank among players with Progressive-scan(JVC, Pioneer, Panasonic, and so on).Also, how is this DVD-A wise? I would mostly be getting this for that feature(I already have 2 Pioneer DVF-727s) and for the progressive-scan capability later. I would be hooking this up to a Denon 5800. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.....thanks for any help!
P.S.How important and/or useful is HDCD? I have a few CDs that have this and have been curious about it.....comments on this also would be useful.Thanks:)

MikeSRC

Second Unit
The Samsung 921 has not been released yet (its about a month away). It uses the Zoran 5 chip like the 721 and the newer Toshibas. It is also supposed to have full digital bass management of DVD-A.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks