What's new

Samsung 841... (1 Viewer)

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
For those of you who know the 841 let me ask a few questions if I can.
Right now I own the popular Pio563a. Would it be a worthwhile upgrade to go to the 841? I have a direct view 30" WS TV.
The upconversion is something that I really want to try out.

Also, it says that it can play WMA. This is the Windows Media Player files right? But am I correct in assuming that it couldn't read the WM9 HD dvds? Such as Terminator2?

Thanks in advance for any/all responses.
Edit: I only have the upgrade bug because my Girlfriend just started working at CC. We get everything at COST.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit

More people are anticipating the 941. Why not that one? How about the new Onkyo universal changer (the 802)? That would be a good deal at "cost". Are you looking to spend as little as possible? Stick with the 563a. Dont upgrade unless you are going to upgrade, know what I mean?

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
Ah, thank you for your response. This definately knocks it out of the question for me. I will be sticking with the 563a. That is unless CC sells a Faroudja (sp?) deinterlacing DVD player that has better video than my 563a which i would then use for audio only.

Anyways, thanks again for your response.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
CC should start selling the 941 soon. The 941 will (should?) have the Faroudja DCDi (still only available via DVI/HDMI).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks