What's new

Samson S1000 Problem? (1 Viewer)

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I went to turn on my system last night to listen to some music.. and before the music turns on... i hear a humming.. its not a constant hum, but seems to cycle on and off everysecond. I pulled out the source cable and still heard the noise. Again... i can only hear this with absolute quiet in the room... is it a real problem other than a distraction? Can i damage my equipment running it like this?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Joe,

There has been some mention of a slight hum with the S1000 (do a search on S1000 for additional info).

It won't damage any of your equipment but it can be a nuisance.

Troy

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Okay thanks.. It just struck me as being scarily suspicious that i never noticed it before so i was getting a little worried.

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
Is this the same hum that can be corrected with a 3 to 2 plug adapter? someon else want to jump in here. I am curious too because I have one on the way.

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Brian,

That's one way to partially eliminate the hum but it's not considered the best option because you bypass the grounding of the said component which can, by itself, cause a lot of problems.

The other way is to check the actual ground on the outlet that the amp (or other component) is connected to to see if it is properly grounded. Some recommend a certified electrician if indeed the outlet isn't grounded properly. If you're comfortable working with electrical wiring, you may be able to resolve the problem yourself.

People also recommend unplugging other source inputs (ESPECIALLY CABLE) to see which component is actually causing the hum. More than likely it would be the amp it the hum just started when you plugged into your audio system.

Troy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks