What's new

Sam's Club Plasmas not set up right? (1 Viewer)

MikeDE

Second Unit
I was checking out the 50" Panasonics and Vizio plasma TV's at Sam's Club. The Panasonics had screen door looking pictures, while colors on the Vizio "smeared" when something moved quickly. Is this just because of the way they are set up, or is this the way they could look in my home after cutting back the contrast and doing some adjusting?

hodedofome

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Smith
They all look like crap in the store to me, however my brother has a Vizio 50" plasma and it looks fantastic in his apartment. It's all about how good the source is and a few color and contrast settings.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Of course they're not set up right. I'm sure they're in a well lit area with ungodly bluish light shining on them, uncalibrated, with crappy sources. Why are you trying to buy a television at sam's club anyway? Big box stores are terrible.

Jacob C

Second Unit
Its not just Sams, most stores do a serious disservice to themselves by the way the display their TVs. A bad signal will make any TV look bad. I love it when they hook a crappy DVD player up to a $4000 TV. What are they thinking?

MikeDE

Second Unit
With a bad feed and bad set-up, sounds like it's a crap shoot to judge them in the store. The prices were lower and the extended warranties much cheaper at Sam's Club, so that's why I was looking there.

Jacob C

Second Unit
Find a place that has it set up right and judge the picture quality then buy it at sams if you like it.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
When I walk into a store with these displays, I usually check behind them to see what kind of connection they have on there. And yes, its usually just the coax so its explains most of the bad pictures.

higherfi2

Auditioning
Real Name
Craig
Yes indeed, I bought a 47" Vizio LCD HDTV, which looks great at Home, so-so at Sam's. The HDTV connection makes a huge difference, and the overhead flourescent lights are a nightmare, especially to Plasmas. Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks