What's new

Sales of Star Wars DVDs SOAR! *laugh* (1 Viewer)

derek

Second Unit
from today's IMDB.com studiobrief:

"As the marketing campaign for Episode II goes into hyperdrive, fans of the Star Wars films are apparently getting set for the release by boning up on the before and after episodes. Amazon.com reported Wednesday that the original Star Wars: Episode IV is currently its top-selling DVD. The second Star Wars movie (The Empire Strikes Back) ranked No. 3, while the third film (Return of the Jedi) ranked fourth. Interestingly, the most recent Star Wars release (The Phantom Menace) was well down the list at No. 15."

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Whoever wrote the studiobrief, or provided the info from Amazon.com confused the "best selling" list with the "most requested" list. Those numbers correspond to their most requested DVD poll rankings.

"The Phantom Menace" is at #16 on the sales list.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I would love to get these from Amazon, but it isn't going to happen for a while now. They should check their facts more carefully. They ought to know there is a significant measure of disdain that these titles are NOT on DVD.

RajeeK

Second Unit
My Star Wars DVD Trilogy shipped today from Amazon. Can't wait to get them.....yahoooo!!!!!!!!:D Thanks for the tip or I wouldn't have known they were out yet.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
RajeeK, I just received mine. I cannot believe it comes with 6 dvd's of extras. Thanks for the heads up guys :D

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
Whoever wrote the studiobrief, or provided the info from Amazon.com confused the "best selling" list with the "most requested" list.
You are correct, and it is the former. I just got an e-mail from studiobrief with a copy of the Amazon press release. It says plainly "Three of the top four most-requested DVDs at Amazon.com are Star Wars titles."
But, hey, it's free. :D

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I wonder if AOTC is as great as most of the reviews say, if GL will reconsider releasing the OT much sooner.

Butch C

Second Unit
The Star Wars Trilogy on DVD had almost a quiet a release as that Matrix sequel...you know...Martix Revisited

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks