What's new

S&V like Bose 1,2,3 (1 Viewer)

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Just took a peak at the Sound and Vision magazine and noticed then did a review on the new Bose 1,2,3. Why do they like it? Come on for the money this thing would cost you can buy yourself a decent little system. Are these magazines just too chicken to tell people the truth about BOSE(Bad Overpriced Sounding Equipment).

Kevin

Shanthi

Stunt Coordinator
I read that review too, they said they like it but not love it. They mentioned that Bose has done a good job in reproducing surroud sounds that fills up the room out of front L/R. I guess it depends how you read it.

I have to audition those babies before I comment on them.

MarcVH

Second Unit
S&V reviews can have value for the "in the lab" sidebars and when they have reviews of multiple products together, which sometimes can provide some useful information about relative performance and trade-offs.

This article contained neither, and so I suppose it could have just been a sidebar reading "Bose has a new sound system." They did actually vaguely suggest that, for someone comfortable with programming a VCR, there might exist better options for the same money. That's about all I'd expect.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
I know if I were a reputable Audio Zine I wouldn't dare

think about reviewing anything from Bose. If you dare speak

the truth they will sue you for all your worth.

Marc Rochkind

Second Unit
Brett...

I'm aware of Bose suing Consumer Reports 10 years ago or so. Are there any other cases of them suing a magazine over a review? If not, and insasmuch as they lost the CR case, perhaps they are disinclined to sue.

Sean M

Stunt Coordinator
Did Bose sue Home Theater magazine? I remember a few years back they reviewed the AM-10 and gave it very poor marks. Low 60's I think, poorest score I've ever seen in that mag. If they didn't sue Home Theater, then that just goes to show that Bose knows where it's prospective buyer gets its info. Consumer Reports is too mainstream and highly regarded by people who know nothing about audio (Bose's customers). Most of the people reading Home Theater already know Bose is shite.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks