What's new

Ryan Phillippe as Leatherface??? (1 Viewer)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Geez, if he's going to be gaining 30lb and obscuring his face, what's the point? :frowning:
I'm all in favour of Ryan draping the rest of his body in leather though. :D :laugh:

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Guys, it was an April fools joke (Is it over yet???, Why is the internet community so damn April Fools happy?)

Read all the way to the bottom of that page, and then click on where it says "find out more information by 'clicking here'"

You are led to a big page that says 'April Fools'

Unfortunately, the fact that Bay is planning on re-making the Texas Chainsaw Massacre is not an April fool as far as I know.

I am glad to see that Pillippe is not involved however, because I think he has promise and talent, and would hate to see him get involved with a hackjob like this.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Well, it did reek of bogus info.
But the "April Fools" page link does not say "Click Here for More Information."
Rather you have to either click where it says "...read more of what the actor had to say about his latest role by clicking here" or where it says "Thanks to TCM Films."
I did a little IMDB search and discovered that he does in fact have an upcoming project entitled "Igby Goes Down."
The bad news is, he doesn't play Igby (you'll get it in a minute :laugh: ).
The good news (well, for me anyway) is that Claire Danes is also in the film. Finally, I can see my favourite boy hottie and my favourite girl hottie in the same movie together. The potential there is rather pleasing. :D

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Hehe. Funny. Someone should morph this thread in with the other one. We'll all have a good laugh if this movie ever manages to get made. :)

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
I think Ryan Phillipe would have made a better Anakin Skywalker(he wanted the part) than Hayden Christensen. He(Phillipe)is definetly not suited for the Leatherface role.

Julie K

Screenwriter
I just wish the fact that Bay wants to remake TCM would turn out to be an April Fool's joke as well.

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Whoops! I guess when I hear something like this, it is just too believable. You figure the worst possible, and many times that's what happens. I'm glad it was an april fools (Except the part that I'm the Fool). However, I am glad that the part is still open for the man who would make the ultimate Leatherface: Steve Guttenberg!

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I came into this thread just to read the eventual Rain post(s) that I knew MUST be in here. I wasn't dissappointed. :D :laugh:

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
You know, I double checked that page and made a correction to my post with the proper information on where to click in order to be taken to that 'April Fool' just moments after originally posting, I am absolutely sure of that. I guess for some reason my post never updated with the correction I made. Ah well :D
Also, I was thinking the same thing about Phillippe being cast as Anakin in Episode 2/3. I wonder if he auditioned for the part at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks