What's new

RX-V1400 Help? (1 Viewer)

Walt H

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone with a RX-V1400 help me out here please. While listening to a 2 channel source such as TV, put the receiver in DTS Neo:6 Cinema, then press the THX button. Now go and look at the receiver and see what decoder it's reading. When I do this mine says "pro logic II with THX". Is this correct even when you have it on DTS Neo: 6 Cinema and THX?

Jeff O.

Stunt Coordinator
Wayne,
I am not sure what you mean. DTS Neo: 6 Cinema is the equivalent of DPLII movie, it is meant for 2 channel sources like TV. Just like Neo: 6 Music is like PLII music.

Walt, I have the 2400, but have never tried pressing the THX button when using Neo: 6. I will have to try it tonight.
Jeff

Rob Kramer

Second Unit

I thought DTS Neo 6 was just an expansion of DTS. Im under the impression that the disc still needs to be DTS encoded.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
OK, I was wrong. From the DTSonline web site:

"All two-channel content mastered on CD, VHS, DVD, etc. is fully compatible with DTS-capable 5.1, DTS 6.1 Matrix and DTS 6.1 Discrete decoding, and offer DTS 5.1 capabilities."

Of course, is says nothing about broadcast sources (TV). I would say that it does not work with tv (but I have been wrong before :) )

Jeff O.

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know what the official DTS nomenclature is, but on the Yamaha, DTS Neo:6 Cinema and DTS Neo:6 Music are for 2 channel sources. It converts to 2 channel sources (TV included) into a processed 5.1 surround. Just like DPLII does with DPLII Movie and DPLII Music. I actually find that I prefer Neo:6 Music to DPLII music for 2 channel sources. There are other DTS modes that are used for the 5.1 and 6.1 DTS and DTS-ES Discreet soundtracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks