What's new

Rushmore Criterion Edition (1 Viewer)

John CW

Supporting Actor
I just saw this wonderful film, is the Criterion Edition still available? Does anyone have it?
Thanks,
~ John
------------------
http://www.geocities.com/fwwmfight

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I have it and it's loaded to the gills. It has more than a lot of the 2 disc films I own...great stuff...including screen tests.
It hasn't gone out of print, and I've seen a few copies every now and then at Best Buy...but for 40 bucks...
You might want to check the online stores...buy.com amazon.com deepdiscountdvd.com etc...and check dvdpricesearch.com for prices.
...hope this helps you.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I would recommend this version to anyone even remotely interested in the film should get the Criterion version. Like few other films, this one certainly grows on you, and you'll appreciate the extras when it has you hooked.
------------------
Bombardment Society - Member

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Absolutely. Awesome movie, awesome DVD. Well worth it IMO.
That "OR they?" line still cracks me up.
------------------
-- Will Work for Five Million Dollars

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Just so you'll know, Buena Vista is repricing both Rushmore (Criterion) and Chasing Amy later this year.
Jeff

JeffDemum

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a copy i want to get rid of just for information . $24 shipped ! If this isn't appropriate for this forum i apoligize and edit my post .

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
I owned the first bare-bones release of "Rushmore" and watched it all the time. The Criterion release, however, is so much better. The commentary is full of interesting tidbits from Anderson, Wilson, and Jason S. (can't remember how to spell his last name). The MTV shorts are great to watch now and then, and the Charlie Rose interview is priceless for those of us who think Anderson can do no wrong. But of course the biggest reason to buy the film is the fantastic picture quality that the anamorphic Criterion disc offers.
"What happened to your nose?"
"I got punched in the face, what's your excuse?"
Pieter
P.S. Is it true that Disney determines the price structuring of the discs Criterion releases? That doesn't seem right.
------------------
"Too late, I'm in the 40's, gotta go around the horn... it's faster!"
BoomRoom

Ed Vandeweerd

Stunt Coordinator
John,
I have "Rushmore" The Criterion in my collection. If you can grab a copy get it fast cause Criterion lost the licencing and it is now out of print. This occurred roughly six weeks ago, in Canada anyway.
------------------
Ed Vandeweerd
[email protected]
my collection

Carol Razavi

Stunt Coordinator
I love this movie and the Criterion version is excellent!
I had this dvd on my wish list for awhile but never got around to buying it, especially since it was about $40 around here. But I was lucky enough to walk into Hollywood Video and see a previously reviewed copy (criterion) for $14.99. I looked at it trying to find what was wrong with it. At $14.99 you would have to think something was up. But it was fine, it had the map and everything still in it. The case didn't have a scratch on it. For some reason I think it was brand new and just repackaged. But definatly, buy this disc. It's awsome!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Link Removed

EricW

Senior HTF Member
does anybody know of any plans for a Bottle Rocket SE?
i'm hoping if Tanenbaums comes out, theatrically or on vid, it'll create interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks