What's new

Running out of component input (1 Viewer)

I'm running out of component input now.. I have tosh 56h80 with 2 component inputs and I need more... Is there anything out there that can accomodate this? Do you usually runs the component input through receiver or straight to tv?

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Do you need both components on at the same time? No?

Use rca/phono splitters. Find some that are 75-ohm, it'll work just fine (at least, it does for me and a number of other folks I've talked to.)

If I turn more than 1 component on (I have it split 3 ways to my Xbox, DVD and HD-STB) then the TV just loses synch, no big deal.

A bit ghetto? Yes. But it works fine. No image degredation that I can see.

You can also use a mechanical switch box with 3 RCA I/O, but then you'll need to stand up to change it.

Plenty of electronic switchers exist too, but a 2->1 switcher is around $200, and go up from there. You can find good deals on Extron swtichers on eBay sometimes, though you often need to buy the remote kit seperately and a bunch of BNC->RCA adapters.

Cliff Watson

Agent
”Use rca/phono splitters. Find some that are 75-ohm, it'll work just fine (at least, it does for me and a number of other folks I've talked to.)
If I turn more than 1 component on (I have it split 3 ways to my Xbox, DVD and HD-STB) then the TV just loses synch, no big deal.”
You’re losing more than just the sync even with one device turned on. You are compounding the component input impedance, which can and does effect the YPbPr signal levels.

Cory R. B.

Stunt Coordinator
Get two A/V Composite switch boxes. Component uses same specification cable as composite, you just need two switchers since component is 5 cables. Make sure you do get component cables to connect the switcher to the TV, though. Composite will work here, but component are made better and will keep the signal in better 'condition'.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Component is three cables. One /mechanical/ switcher will work fine, unless audio swtiching is also needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks