What's new

Rules of Engagement ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun /forum/thread/251676/rules-of-engagement-ongoing-thread#post_3676008
IIANM, Timmy's fiancee also plays President Hassan's daughter on "24" this season.
You are correct - it's pretty odd watching both shows on the same night...

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
I've been enjoying this show from the start - but this season it appears to be hitting its stride. Glad they brought it back to fill the Accident hole.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
I enjoyed the episode too ... but what happened to Timmy's girlfriend/fiance storyline. Seems this episode was out of sequence in the overall story arc?

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Phil Taylor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I enjoyed the episode too ... but what happened to Timmy's girlfriend/fiance storyline. Seems this episode was out of sequence in the overall story arc?
Could be. I noticed that too. It seemed as though Russell was trying to figure out Timmy's motive for cleaning the park and almost assuredly figured it was a female reason and that's why he was initially so interested.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Slight digression here, but my wife and I watched "Up In the Air" the other night. Timmy (Adhir Kaylan) has a brief appearance as "Irate IT". It was a throwaway 10 seconds, but both of us pointed at the screen and yelled "Timmy!". He didn't seem to have his accent, but it was hard to tell for sure.

Also, loved:

Liz: "What is it about me exactly that you are so attracted to?"

Jeff: "I, uh, like the way that you wear your stretch pants..."

Liz: "Oh, you can do better than that!"

Jeff: "I'm not sure that I can."

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Sorry for resurrecting an old topic, but I don't see any others on this series, and I feel I must discuss the series finale.

The whole episode just felt off. Not that they were trying for any realism with the birth (that baby popped out as a completely clean two month old with a belly button). But the Russell/Timmy story was just wrong. Did they forget the episode where Russell throws a citizenship party for Timmy, who reminds everyone that he's been a citizen for a while? Then why would he be worried about a work visa? And the gay marriage solution just seemed forced.

Worst of all, it wasn't even played for laughs.

I mean, this was never the greatest show...I mainly just watched it in syndication as something to watch while eating or trying to fall asleep. But wow, that episode just felt so wrong.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Can't believe I missed the series finale. Just one of those DVR mix-ups and this episode somehow fell off the schedule.

Like Chip said, it was never the greatest show, but fun to watch when I had time to waste.

Other than David Spade who seems to have made a career out of playing "perverts", the rest of the cast was pretty good.

Hopefully I can find the final episode online somewhere.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Chip_HT said:
The whole episode just felt off. Not that they were trying for any realism with the birth (that baby popped out as a completely clean two month old with a belly button). But the Russell/Timmy story was just wrong. Did they forget the episode where Russell throws a citizenship party for Timmy, who reminds everyone that he's been a citizen for a while? Then why would he be worried about a work visa? And the gay marriage solution just seemed forced.
While I don't disagree with your points, I cut the show some slack as they really had very little time to "prepare" for the finale as the cancellation was quite recent and rather unceremonious.

They did what they could to try and wrap up the series somewhat. It's better, IMO, than the episode just ending as it would have were the series to continue next season.

I am disappointed to see the show go. I enjoyed the cast and it was almost always good for a few laughs every episode. At least with 100 episodes in the can, we may be able to catch the occasional episode in syndication somewhere, sometime.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
The show was a constant bubble show for its entire run. I doubt a lack of time to prepare for a finale was the issue. It was pretty much assumed going into this season that it was the last. If the producers didn't prepare for that possibility, then it's their own shortsidedness.

Besides, they knew they had to wrap some things up, since they had stretched the pregnancy into three seasons. Even if they did get a last minute renewal, the show was at the point that the kid needed to be born and Adam and Jen needed to be married.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I was very surprised to see this series was ending. We have watched it faithfully from the beginning and have really enjoyed it. The finale episode seemed disjointed at best and was clearly not up to the standards of the show. You could see the gay wedding bit coming from a million miles away. I will miss this show as I have always loved Patrick Wharburton's ability to pull this kind of comedy off so well.

mike caronia

Second Unit
Only recently started watching...just finished season 4 on Netflix.
But I have been watching the current season each week and had no idea it was the series finale.
Funny because the episode felt 'off'.

Luckily I still have two seasons to go!

No way Jenneifer would stay with Adam in real life...I need to find her! ha

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wait, that was the series finale? Aw... oh well, it was a middling show, won't mourn its demise, but still enjoyable in spots.

NolanJ

Second Unit
I'll miss it. To me personally, this show is 100x funnier than "How I Met Your Mother" but as far as comedies go, I don't really "pick em" all that well.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
NolanJ said:
I'll miss it. To me personally, this show is 100x funnier than "How I Met Your Mother" but as far as comedies go, I don't really "pick em" all that well.
Certainly much less annoying. That HIMYM gag ran its course several seasons ago.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
RoE was like Wings -- not the greatest or the smartest comedy, but funny enough to watch regularly and had it moments every now and then. And like Wings, four random episodes of the show in a row are still funnier than 90% of the comedies that hit the multiplexes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks