What's new

Ron gets some press: USA Today (1 Viewer)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Apologize if this was posted on another forum, but I'm reading an article in USA Today (click here to view it) about the Friends DVD release and what do I come across but a quote attributed to Ron. Nice job, dude. :emoji_thumbsup:
Edit: Okay, I can't resist. If you click on the link in the article for the Friends photo gallery and scroll through a few, you'll see an image where Ross bears more than a passing resemblance to Ron. :laugh:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
. If you click on the link in the article for the Friends photo gallery and scroll through a few, you'll see an image where Ross bears more than a passing resemblance to Ron
Like this?
rondone.jpg

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Jeff, you owe me a new keyboard, since I'm sure this one is ruined by the amount of water I just spit on it after seeing that. :laugh:
Funniest. Photo. Ever. :D

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Good article. Certainly good by USA Today standards. It's too bad they quoted the URL for TVShowsonDVD.com with spaces... hopefully the general public can mash them together and get to that great site :).

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I want my Home Theater Forum T-shirt, coffee mug and mouse pad because we do, in fact, rock.
I'm very proud to be counted among our 27,000-strong army of devotees. If we pooled our resources, we could actually topple a small country. :)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Congrats Ron! It's always great to see your name in print...and it's a sweet endorsement for this superlative community as well.

Semi-related: I really love this Friends set! This is how all TV shows should be treated on DVD!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I feel kind of cheated.
What I wanted to drive home in that article
was the shoddy job Warner Brothers was doing
with their other television product -- especially
South Park.
I had thought the interviewer I talked to
understood the importance of bringing this out.
I don't know what happened to the article as
it was originally supposed to be a much broader
report on TV shows on DVD.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, rather ironic that the latest South Park best-of was listed in the sidebox of "upcoming releases."

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
The stories that reporters come up with often times seem to be alot different than what was expected. I know this first hand being the son of a local county official. Around here at least, they seem to write the truth as they see fit. I also hear that same opinion from many people including a police officer friend of mine that writes press releases. He says they never come out sounding the same as what he wrote when the story comes out in the newspaper.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
Hi guys i also was interviewed for that article (randy sims from San Diego) and stated my preferance for season sets rather than best-of collections.

I think he did an ok job of stating that season sets are the way to go. with a short article i guess it is hard to get into every part of it.

Ron congrats for the publicity for the forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks