What's new

Romancing The Stone/Jewel Of The Nile (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Does anyone know if a SE of these titles will be coming out? Both current versions are non-anamorphic and could use a new anamorphic transfer.

Haden

Supporting Actor
I think a Romancing the Stone special edition is in the works for next year. Wasn't it mentioned in an HTF chat many months ago?

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I've held off on them for years figuring that an SE was inevitable and because the transfer is reputedly so bad. So I'll just keep waiting until Fox decides they'd like my money. :D

Sam Owens

Stunt Coordinator
If you've got PAL playback capability and can't wait for a new version, the R4 versions are anamorphic. I picked up the double pack in Target a couple of months ago for $A22 ($US14). However, they are only available separately for a reasonable price at the moment.

Jonathan Kaye

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Kaye
I just searched the HTF chat mentioned, and the quote was "Romancing the Stone will not be reworked in 2003". Which doesn't really answer the question, does it?:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks