What's new

Rockford Season 6, Final Season, Where is it? (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Since Season 6 is the very last season of the television series before they started the telefilm series, when is Universal going to release it?

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Yeah, i am keeping my fingers crossed it includes all the reunion movies. I doubt it, but one can hope. If they included all of them it would give the set the same content as previous sets.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but Universal seems to frag their feet. Look what they've done with Columbo. They released the Season sets and then just released the first boxed set of the movies but have yet to release the rest of the movie sets.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Try going to cannell.com and e-mailing them. I've only just e-mailed a few month back so someone else can try and prehaps they've recevied news on it

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I haven't seen any of the 90s reunion telefilms--how do they hold up (hopefully they're not cringe-worthy like so many reunion telefilms based on popular TV shows)?

jamoon2006

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Mooney
Considering Season 5 only came out a month ago, I'm not worried. Universal has shown they're committed to this series, and my guess would be we see a release in summer or fall of this year. I'm glad the releases are spaced out as they are...it gives me time to really enjoy each season as it's released.

Re: the TV movies, I saw four out of the eight and they were solid. James Garner hadn't lost a step as Rockford and I thought the movies stayed true to the spirit of the series.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I also can't wait to finish this classic series from Uni. Alongside Magnum, The Hulk & Miami Vice. I think the only true letdown for me from them is definetely Simon & Simon. I still can't figure out how that bombed..
Getting back to Rockford, I would definetely pay to get the reunion movies..

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I would bet that Universal plans on a separate DVD release for the Rockford Movies. As for the Simon and Simon DVD series, it's not that it bombed, which I doubt it did, I think Universal is just concentrating on the bigger hit shows such as Magnum, Rockford and such. I suspect that when those shows are finished, they'll get back to releasing the rest of Simon and Simon.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

Your probably right on the money in how Universal will handle the final season and tv movies. I know the studios do not owe the fans anything. But could once a studio just throw the loyal fans/customers a bone and wrap up rockford the right way with one final release, the last few episodes, the tv movies and heck go interview the man himself James Garner and put that on there. I know wishful thinking on my part, but it would be a breath of fresh air for a change.

I pray and hope with what you say on s&s comes to fruition. Uni just give the brothers another chance they will not dissapoint, just look how Airwolf worked out for you when you gave that show a second chance. I definately need more of this show.

GaryA

Auditioning
Does anybody have any idea about this release? Season 5 came out back in January, and there's been no news yet about a release in the next few months. I would think Universal would want to release this soon to give themselves enough time to release the Complete Series by the Christmas season.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I hope since we have waited this long for Season 6, that it includes those TV-Movies aswell. But i won't hold my breath.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I think that it's WAY past due for news of the final season. However, this just might have been affected by the fire at the studio. At least that would be my guess.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
It's taking much more longer for the final sixth season of The Rockford Files to come out on Region 1, compared to the previous season releases. It used to be 6 months between TV DVD seasons (and film releases from cinema to DVD). Season 5 came out in January (I think) so if you go by the 6 month rule the sixth season should have been released on Region 1 this month and the TV movies in January next year.

I hope Universal don't split up the TV movies, instead of releasing them all together.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I'm also waiting for the last season so that I will have completed another of my favorite classics. I too was hoping that we would hear of a complete set for Christmas time. I haven't seen any of the movies, but would definetly buy them if they came out.
Let's go Universal!!

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I'm so glad that I'll be finishing this series. I love that I'm going to have it all on DVD. Thanks Universal!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks