What's new

Robocop (4k Master Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Fox is using a new type/version of copy protection on Robocop remastered. VLC and MakeMKV will need updates to deal with it. I'm getting lots of artifacts when I attempt to grab some screenshots. But I was able to grab a few that seem to be free from artifacts. (If anyone sees in pixel artifacts in any of these, it's the copy protection and my screen grabbing method, NOT the Blu-ray.)

This first one is a screenshot from the Blu-ray.com review of the 2007 release:

111_2_1080p.jpg

^^^^
Again, that one above is from the 2007 Blu-ray release!

I wasn't able to grab the exact same frame (due to copy protection artifacts), but here's one at about the same spot from the 2014 Blu-ray (note: Murphy's arm patch is blurry because he is moving his body at that moment):

i-WGg7gLq.jpg

After the hassle of trying to match up other frames (with the ones from the 2007 release), I gave up. I just couldn't get a still frame at the exact same spots due to digital artifacts. So, I just grabbed a few others where I could stop and have a clean image. These are all from the 2014 remaster release:

i-HQxL2wX.jpg

i-W8K7pDF.jpg

i-RSTqvKH.jpg

i-jtC2jpQ.jpg

Mark

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Cameron Yee said:
The price is now up $10, $4 above where it had been for some time. I wonder which is the pricing error, $7.99 or $17.99? It looks there's more than one Amazon listing for the title. The one linked to in the first post is showing as $17.99, while another with cover art is still at $7.99. Doug, did you mean you already got a physical copy of the release? Or were you just referencing the online cover art?
I have the disc. It seems to be one of those Best Buy early release they didn't advertise as such.I am very happy with the transfer.Like mentioned, it seems to use a new copy protection.I noticed I couldn't skip the FBI warnings by accessing the second chapter, which always worked before.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
How is the grain structure? Or, gulp, lack there of, if that's the case.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
How is the grain structure? Or, gulp, lack there of, if that's the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks