What's new

RIP Treat Williams (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Holy shit. The "Everwood" cast are dropping like flies. And the place it happened is only about a 90 minute drive from my house. I'm assuming they airlifted him to Albany Medical Center, since the article mentions a New York hospital and we're the nearest Level I trauma center. The only one in Vermont is in Burlington, and that's further than Albany by helicopter.

Terrific actor with leading man looks but a surprisingly diverse resume. Aside from "Everwood", most people will remember him as the doomed hippie cheiftan in Hair or as the anti-Serpico in Prince of the City. He was also good as Letterman's agent, Michael Ovitz, in HBO's biopic about the Leno/Letterman feud following Carson's retirement, The Late Shift. His most chilling performance for me was in Smooth Talk, where he may or may not be the devil in the guise of James Dean.

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
Damn! Fine, fine actor. Saw him on stage in a revival of Follies: acting, singing, dancing. He could do it all.
RIP.
Very tragic. A fine actor. Lumet's Prince of the City comes to mind. RIP.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Damn it. I loved Treat Williams. From Hair to 1941 to Prince of the City all the way through his recent role in We Own This City, he was a tremendous actor. I followed him on Twitter where he was always very positive and seemed to love his life in Vermont. I find this just devastating.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Holy shit. The "Everwood" cast are dropping like flies. And the place it happened is only about a 90 minute drive from my house. I'm assuming they airlifted him to Albany Medical Center, since the article mentions a New York hospital and we're the nearest Level I trauma center. The only one in Vermont is in Burlington, and that's further than Albany by helicopter.
This story says he was taken to Albany. Accident was in Dorset, VT.

https://www.mynbc5.com/article/actor-treat-williams-dead-after-motorcycle-crash-in-vermont/44180495

Virgoan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron Pulliam
He was hysterically funny as the straight young detective Michael Brick hired to find Jack Weston's Gaetano Proclo in some sort of compromising situation in "The Ritz".

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Sad news re: TW's accident/death. At his age, my first thought would have been that he would have passed due to natural causes.

He was great in "Prince of the City" (1981). However - to echo others on here...IMHO his most memorable role was as the creepy "Arnold Friend" (who may or may not have been the devil) in the excellent "Smooth Talk" (1985):

Last edited:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
He was in a Law & Order: SVU episode where he played a former NY QB that now has brain issues- he paid for sex with a prostitute who was underage, and couldn’t remember doing it. I thought he really pulled that off nicely. I’ll have to give Prince Of The City a spin, and the film Dead Heat- I bought the UHD from Vinegar Syndrome a while back, and haven’t gotten around to watching it yet. RIP. 🙁

Last edited:

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Sounds like I need to check out Prince of the City and Dead Heat.

Maybe time to revisit his Substitute sequels as well.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
He's also played a recurring character on Blue Bloods, Lenny Ross, who was Frank's (Selleck's) partner back in their beat cop days. He appeared in about a half-dozen episodes over the last half-dozen or so seasons. His most recent appearance, in fact, was in the penultimate episode of the just-ended Season 13. In it, Frank discovers that Lenny has cancer. I expected that this would get a follow-up or two next season, but...

I'm guessing that once the writers start writing again, and the next season begins, that they will establish that Lenny died from his cancer. Hopefully, they'll have a nice tribute.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks