What's new

RIP Tony Dow (1 Viewer)

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Thanks Tony ! R.I.P. I watch episodes of the show every week on The Roku Channel :) A Great show !
AAA BEAVER.jpg

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
I have a question. In this article, Dow describes his favorite episode. I'm not all that familiar with the series, but believe he was referencing season one, episode 29, "Tenting Tonight." Except I was wrong. Does anyone know the episode (season and number) he's talking about? I'd love to watch it to commemorate him. Thanks.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I have a question. In this article, Dow describes his favorite episode. I'm not all that familiar with the series, but believe he was referencing season one, episode 29, "Tenting Tonight." Except I was wrong. Does anyone know the episode (season and number) he's talking about? I'd love to watch it to commemorate him. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about episode 213- Happy Weekend.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
In the coincidence file, COZI-TV broadcast a previously-scheduled episode of Quincy, M.E. guest-starring Tony Dow on the morning (8 am CDT) of July 27.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Looked around and didn't see this posted. Sadly, we have lost another part of our childhood. Tony Dow, aka Wally Cleaver, passed away yesterday. He had been in poor health for a little while, so this wasn't unexpected. But it's still sad to see a man only in his 70's leave us.

Leave it to Beaver is a very high-ranking show for me personally. It's an evergreen, always bringing a smile to my face and joy after a weary day.

Gary "RIP Tony - you will not be forgotten" O.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
MeTV showed two Wally-centric episodes from Season 2 this morning. The one where Wally wants to shave and the one where a girl said he had a pug nose. I think they're showing Wally eps all day Sunday.

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
I'm pretty sure he's talking about episode 213- Happy Weekend.

Thank you. I was about to watch the episode and my wife came in and we watched Happy Weekend together. What a sweet episode. She hadn't seen the series since she was a little girl and really enjoyed the show. I realize it predates The Andy Griffith Show, but Ward sings "Juanita" a couple of times, the same song Barney Fife sings about his girl on the side at the diner. Unlike Barney (that I recall), Ward sings more of the song, which was nice to hear.

So many sweet scenes in Happy Weekend: when the boys are in bed horsing around, when they're fishing, when Ward ends up reading a comic at the end. Thanks again for steering me to this one.

RIP Tony Dow.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
i've never watched leave it to beaver,but i've seen him in a christmas episode of square pegs,where he played patty's dad,who is visited her for christmas,but instead she rathers hangs out with lauren,and her friends,he was amazing.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Growing up in the 80s, I got to watch the original series in daily reruns and then the New LITB on weekends. Tony was great both as young Wally as well as adult Wally.

Never heard anything negative about him, or for that matter about any of the other cast members. Quality people on a quality show.

RIP Tony. Thanks for a memorable character in 2 eras.

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Wasn't LITB the first to show a toilet on TV?
Speaking of which...
I wish I had an older brother who not only was much less intolerant (and jealous) of me , but even one-tenth as genuinely loving, caring and supportive of my well-being as Wally was to his younger brother, as opposed to being a hidden Eddie Haskell in disguise...oh well....

RIP, 'WALLY' (Tony Dow, of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks