What's new

rhino cable option (1 Viewer)

Josh.L

Agent
I just went to order a component video cable at rhino and I have the option of "RCA/BNC or combination." I have no idea what to pick. Any help here?

thanks,
josh

DanaA

Screenwriter
I might be wrong here, but I think that refers only to the type of jack you use in your connection. Most equipment uses RCA jacks, but some use others. I'd check (with everything turned off), whether a regular RCA connect fit into the jacks that come with your receiver/preamp and sub. If they fit right, I'd assume you need to get the RCA at both ends. Contact Rhino and ask about this. They respond quickly and are very consumer oriented. I'm interested if I'm right here, so please post what their response is, unless, of course, someone more knowledgable here at HTF let's us know.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
DanaA got it! :)
Most consumer equipment use RCA jacks for audio and video connections. A better connector found on professional gear is BNC (British Naval Connector). It is superior because it can maintain the cable impedence, and it has a "Twist-Lock" connection so it wont pull free. The RCA plugs depend upon friction to hold them in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks