What's new

Return Of The Living Dead III - R rated version! (1 Viewer)

Will K

Screenwriter
furious.gif

Read it and weep:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum15/HTML/029358.html
"We'd better not risk a frontal assault. That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur 93.2 AD

Christina_DQ

Stunt Coordinator
This sucks since iwas really looking forward to the dvd. Guess no sale for me as well, the least they could do is release BOTH versions!!!!
I saw the R rated version for the first time on Cinemax months ago & didn't like what i saw since up until then i have only seen the unrated version.
Some great & gruesome f/x are missing & noticebly censored like the cop getting a crowbar shoved through his face to the up-close shots of the docter after being attacked at the starting among other things.
Whats next a S.E. of the godawful R rated version of Dead/Alive?
Thats a great movie + a good example at how bad censorship can hurt a film!
Please start releasing movies UNCUT- C'mon studios,wake up & quite wussing out!!!!!!!

Esten

Supporting Actor
I heard that they DO NOT OWN the UNRATED version,but that another company does.
So,it's not Trimark's fault

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Another one here that won't get the title. Again, another horror title has been screwed.
Why couldn't Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks had made more horror films, then the studios would actually seem to care?

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I just cancelled my order at Amazon. Very upsetting news! I hope that whoever owns the rights to the unrated version will release this on DVD as there are quite a few fans who'll snatch it up.

Will K

Screenwriter
I ran into the DVD tonight at Best Buy and naturally, I had to examine the packaging. Why in hell would the director record a commentary for the tame R version? Did Trimark trick him or something or maybe he doesn't even care? The mind truly boggles on this one. As mentioned above, I can't wait for Trimark's SE of the R-rated edition of Dead Alive. Wanna see censorship at its worst? Check that out.

Gerard Priori

Stunt Coordinator
The R-rated version of RotLD III is a MUST NOT buy title for me. These censored horror tiles are a waste of time, and I won't support them with my money. If they didn't have the rights to the uncut version (and that makes no sense to me at all--they either have the rights to release the film or not, so what's the story?), then they shouldn't have bothered.
-Jerry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks