What's new

RETURN OF THE FLY anamorphic broadcast? (1 Viewer)

GerardoHP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerardo Paron
As I write this, I am watching RETURN OF THE FLY being broadcast on AMC in anamorphic 16X9, which looks great when enhanced on my widescreen TV. Is this a mistake?
------------------
Gerardo

Earl_K

Auditioning
I don't know if it was a mistake, but it sure surprised me when I was flipping through the channels. My TV isn't widescreen so the image was all stretched and everyone looked like plastic man.

Gary Kellerman

Stunt Coordinator
I was channel surfing earlier in the evening when I stumbled on ROTF in the pan an scan mode. After it ended, some comentator said it would be shown in widescreen later in the evening. Well, I have had a sleep disorder for years so when I woke up in the middle of the night, there was ROTF but it certainly was not in letterbox. Everybody was sort of pencil thin. This occurs in a moviehouse when you have a widescreen film and the projectionist fails to place the special lens in the projector to give the proper geometric widescreen view. This happened to me years ago when I saw THE EMPIRE STIKES BACK in a local theater. Since you had a 16X9 set, you were able to perform the same function electronically which is really the anamorphic mode. Because of somebody's boo-boo and your good thinking, you ended up conducting and participating in a very unusual experiment with your set. It is events like these that make hometheater interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks