What's new

Pre-Order Resurrection (1980) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
718QWoxXnpL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Great news! The film only got a MOD release on DVD so a blu ray is most welcome. Burstyn gives what is probably her best performance. I'll have to differ from those who praise Eva Le Galliene. There's a reason she was better suited to the stage than the screen and this film shows why.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Great news! The film only got a MOD release on DVD so a blu ray is most welcome. Burstyn gives what is probably her best performance. I'll have to differ from those who praise Eva Le Galliene. There's a reason she was better suited to the stage than the screen and this film shows why.
Perhaps Le Galliene was better suited for the stage, as you state. I saw her on stage with Rosemary Harris and it is one of my most precious memories. I haven't seen Resurrection since its opening. I am looking forward to watching it again.

Reactions: PMF

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Did anyone ever get this? Want to know how the transfer is. Extras? Anyone? Bueller........;)

Reactions: PMF

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Watched Resurrection with the wife last night. Still as awesome and as powerful as the first time I saw it over 40 years ago.

A bit dated perhaps but still an amazing film with tremendous performances, especially Ellen Burstyn as Edna Mae. I got choked up a few times, especially at that wonderful ending. My wife Loved it.

The transfer was fine for a 40 year old film and well worth the $20 I spent on it.

“When life gives you lemons, just make lemonade”
Richard Farnsworth as Esco.

1614341326289.jpeg

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
By the way, to answer my own question, there are zero extras. Not even a menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks