What's new

Requiem for a Dreams Jared Leto & 30 Seconds to Mars [Great CD] (1 Viewer)

Howie A

Second Unit
This is not exactly news but I like them and wanted to share.
Jared Leto is the lead singer in his band!
Which might be a reason we don't see him in more movies. I am not talking a hobby kind of thing
like Kevin Bacon, Bruce Willis, or even Russell Crowe. I talking the REAL DEAL and I think
they ROCK. Yes that’s right. The same guy you know from his role as the typical drug addict that steals
the TV from his mom to buy drugs with the money he gets from the pawn guy, has a band
( Requiem for a Dream …).
Leto plays guitar and lead vocals which are both surprisingly great, the bands name is 30 Seconds to Mars.
I would say they are in the Rock genre… Maybe Electronic/Rock (NINish) or close to it. They have been described as a mix between Incubus, Tool, Orgy and NIN.. 30 Seconds to Mars puts on a powerful and heartfelt performance judging from the snippets of concert footage on the enhanced video that comes on their CD. Also in that same footage are some quirky moments of the band just hanging out on tour, I must say it is pretty funny. (in a jackass sort of way)
So take a listen to them at there site. You won’t regret it. The whole album rocks.. 30 Seconds to Mars

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I just saw them in concert with Chevelle last Friday, and I wasn't that impressed. It was kewl seeing Jered (Angelface) Leto, but they weren't he best live band.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
The problem with this band is Leto himself. He's so anal about not wanting the world to know he's an actor that it gets in the way of the band. I know what he's trying to accomplish...giving props to his bandmates and letting the music speak for itself, but by trying to dodge recognition for himself, he is actually shooting his band in the foot by limiting their exposure.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan...I own the album and it's very good...not great, but very good. I just wish he would stop being so damn obtuse about the whole thing.

For instance, nowhere in the liner notes does it even mention his name I don't think and in the video for the first single, he's colored his hair blonde and trys to disguise his appearance. Weird.

Most people are going to initially check this band out BECAUSE of Jaret Leto...he should just accept that and hope they remain fans because of the music.

Howie A

Second Unit
I cant believe that I missed them on the Carson Daily
Late night show 3-18. I was just about to go to bed after a late
running section of Ghost Recon when I hit the TV/Video button, only
to see Carson (that TOOL) :D saying goodnight to thanking the band for
coming to do the show. I think it was a repeat cause he mentioned the holidays..
Anyone happen to catch their performance? How were they?
I am going to check Kazza for an AVI of it. Some times the people with
TVO or whatever they use will encode things such as this..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks