What's new

Replacing B&K AVR 507: Options. (1 Viewer)

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
Greetings, I've been the proud owner of my B&K 507 for going on 6 years and it's time to upgrade to a receiver with more up to date features. First and fore most the important factor is sound quality for both music and movies. My B&K has performed flawlessly in both of these areas. I'll be connecting my Paradigm studio 60's, matching CC, SVS subwoofer and Paradigm surrounds, none of which I plan on replacing. What I like about my B&K: Sound quality build quality Power The remote What it lacks/ Features my next receiver must have. HDMI inputs/switching capability (4 tot An auxilary input for connecting an MP3 player A front input for connecting audio/video 7.1 analog inputs calibration microphone for easy set up Never been a fan of the "notch filter" feature Budget is between 2-$3,000. I have already ruled out the new B&K 707. I appreciate any and all feedback. Greg

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I just replaced mine with a Denon 4311CI receiver. The B&K was moved to the bedroom. I am quite pleased with the new receiver. It is rated about the same as the B&K, but I found the power to be slightly less, but still sufficient. Sound quality is about par with the B&K, if not better. It does satisfy your list of requirements. Coincidently, I am going to pair the receiver with Paradigms as well, specifically the Signature S6.

If you have specific questions, let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks