What's new

Replacement cd booklets (1 Viewer)

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
Someone spilled something that ended up damaging about 30 of my cd's. Does anyone know if there is any way to purchase replacement cd booklets from labels or otherwise?

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
UGH! First of all Rob, sorry to hear about the spillage--that just bites.

In addition to banishing the offender from your house forever, have you politely broached the subject of their perhaps making a financial contribution to the recovery efforts--even if it was just an accidental spill of a cocktail?

I have not heard of any way to get just replacement CD liner notes. I'd look at Amazon Marketplace, Wherehouse.com Spun.com and SecondSpin.com for used prices with an eye towards buying replacement copies of the CDs.

Are the CDs in question all from the Big Four labels? If so, I'd surmise you wouldn't get a response to letters sent to probably at least three of the four, but perhaps it is worth a try to write letters to those companies inquiring about replacement liner notes. I just seriously doubt anything would come of that, even if you enclosed the damaged copy and a self-addressed stamped return envelope--which of course would leave you without any liner notes at all for those titles.

Now, if there are "boutique" labels involved, the possibilities are greater that you might get a response to a letter, e-mail or even perhaps phone call.

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
Unfortunately, this must have happened with one of my wife's visitor and they must have wiped it up thinking there was no further problem and my wife was unaware that anything had happened. I've decided to over time replace them with used copies, obviously I'll usually be keeping my original disks since I take care of mine. I'll be giving away the disks with ruined booklets to friends and family.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks