What's new

removing protective screen from mits ws55411... (1 Viewer)

Chris Brock

Second Unit
Hello!! I have a mits 55411 and I am getting very annoyed by the highly reflective screen. I have searched and found removal instructions for other tv's but have not been able to find any for my tv. has anyone removed the protective screen from this type of tv or would know where i could find out how to? Thanks!!

Chris

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Chris,,,instructions should be in the user manual ???

Regardless, it is quite easy to do.

There will be 2 plastic rails on the top and bottom edges of the screen. you will have to remove these rails. to do so insert a "paint scraper" along the edge and pry it off.

you will then bend the screen to pull out of the 2 rails (the sides) that do not come off.

Have somebody assist you so you dont accidently slip and cause the glare screen to hit the lenticular screen and scratch that.

ONE POINT: I may be mistaken on your rails...it may be 2 plastic side rails that need to be removed and not the top and bottom rails. Different Mits models / sizes are configured differently.

Best of luck!!

Gregg

Chris Brock

Second Unit
thanks so much gregg!! I had not even thought to look in the manual becuase I was under the impression that this was somthing that mits would not want you to do and would probebly void the warrenty. I guess this is not the case then? I will go give it a whirle and let you guys know how it goes.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks