What's new

Remote turn on lead voltage? (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
The 12v DC that is used for the amp turn on, is that a one time deal or is that supposed to be hot whenever the amp is on? I have my amp wired to my ignition lead which is hot when the car's key is in the ACC position, but my amp isn't going on.. I want to check the voltage before I look at my splice and the power...

Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
OK, I went out and measured it and it is OK, read 12v fine with the car in the ACC position, however, I think my fuse of fuse holder is suspect. I can't get continuity from the battery terminal to the amp and I took out the fuse and the fuse seems iffy, so I'm going to get a new fuse tomorrow and see if that fixes it. I presume the 12vDC on the remote is just a trigger and that power is actually taken directly from the car battery for the main power. The manual says to short out the 12v from battery to the 12v trigger but that is only if you have multiple devices controlled on the same 12v line. I only have my radio and now this so I don't think that is the problem.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks