What's new

Remote trigger help (1 Viewer)

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
Howdy folks. I have a Monster POwer Center HTS2500 that has a feature where i can plus a remote power cord into a switched outlet on my reciever so wehn i power the receiver the power center turns on..and all components come on. Problem is, im going to a Lexicon DC2 and there isnt a switched outlet on it. Any ideas how i can still use this feature of the Monster??

Sankar

Second Unit
The HTS2500 can also be triggered by a 12V signal. I am not familiar with the Lex, but does it have a 12V trigger signal? If not, it could be difficult since there appears to be no obvious way to tell that the Lex has been turned on.

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
Actually, no it doesnt. The 12v is a trigger for another device..it does not activate the 2500 it activates a device hooked up to the 2500. I wonder if i can just plug the AC remote cord into an X10 mod and turn it on with my powerup macro.. Anyone see anything wrong with that? The way it works is you normally plug this remote into a switched input of a receiver and when you turn on the receiver it turns on the HTS2500.. I assume any power source suppled to the remote cord would do the same..

Paul Gere

Second Unit
Brian,

Should work.

I did the X-10 trigger (via macro) thing with great success in the past when I didn't have a workable 12v solution. Worked very nicely (although I wasn't using X-10 to trigger a "trigger", just turn on another device). Don't see any problem with your plan, however, as long as your X-10 mod is connected to a steady AC source.

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
Well i tried an X10 appliance mod and it wont work. It seems that the mod is sending some kinda power that is triggering the 2500 on even when the mod is turned off. I tried the mod with a lamp and it works correctly there though. Perhaps there is a tiny amount that gets through evn in the off position and its triggering the 2500. Any other thoughts on how i can fix this prob??? Ughhhhh

J

John Morris

Brian: If you can find one of these,Parasound Scamp, they work very nicely. I bought one used for $114 and I use it to turn on my subwoofer EQ and subwoofer amplifier. It accept either a 12vDC signal or a line input signal to turn it on and off. I simply am using a subwoofer signal to turn on my subwoofer stuff. You could alternatively use the 12v trigger from your DC-2 to trigger the Scamp to turn on your components through your 2500. The Scamp is made for amplifier turn on so each of the two outlets on it support up to a full 15 amps if your wall current can support that.
Good Luck solving your problem.

JimN

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,

I use a Monster HTS-3000 and have used a 12V DC wallwart hooked to an x-10 module and also a 12V DC trigger receiver output to turn on the switched and switched/timed outlets on my HTS-3000. From reading the HTS-2500 manual on the web it appears that the HTS-2500 operates the same way my HTS-3000 does. I think either of the above should work for you.

J

John Morris

Michael: X-10 is a whole line of home automation devices. The X-10 mod(module) being referred to here is a little plug in module which you can turn on and off using an infrared command. Check out all their stuff here: X-10

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks